Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nappninjax Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 04:34 PM
    Why is the G.E.D so tough?
    Why is the Mathematics and Language Arts Writing so tough?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 05:01 PM
    Because you didn't pay attention in High School, or didn't attend the classes. Its really not harder than it actually was in high-school... it only seems that way because everything isn't fresh in your mind.

And besides... its not supposed to be easy, its supposed to indicate you learned what you should have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 05:44 PM
    It makes you do and know all the work you would normally learn in 4 years going to high school all day. It is not easy to make you learn
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 06:01 PM
    I wasn't aware that it is - what is giving you difficulty?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 06:34 PM
    Hi Nappninjax

Like these guys have said, the test really isn't that hard especially if you attended most of your classes throughout high school... ;)

What may be of issue here is that your testing skills may either be "rusty", or may never have been up to snuff to begin with (maybe why school didn't work out?)... maybe?

To help you through some of this, or just to bring you up to date on all required information, I'd recommend that you consult your local high school (or college) for some G.E.D. PREP. CLASSES. If you spend some time in these prep. Classes you will almost certainly pass the test the next time around. There should also be some books at your local library... just make sure you study from the most current books.

Good luck...

Mark

Mar 29, 2012, 07:03 AM
    Why is the G.E.D Math so tough on me? What should I do?
    I tried
    Tutoring
    Going to prep class
    Reading the book by myself
    Nothing
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 07:14 AM
    So... you say tough... they should be tough. Have you failed the test... if so how many times? What parts did you fail? This should help identify where you need to work harder.

Perhaps its simply because you haven't actually learned the material sufficiently yet. You spend years learning it in school full time, its going to take longer part time as an adult. You can't cram years of learing into a few hours time.

Tests are tough in High School for most people... the GED shouldn't be any easier... because its for the equivalency of what you would have accomplished in high school.

Mar 29, 2012, 07:30 AM
    Well Math And Language Arts Writing are tough, correcting grammar error is very tough and I don't want to learn any more...
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
    I'm going to encourage you to stick with it until you've passed... its a worthy pursuit. Difficult yes... but it will open a lot of doors for you that are closed now.

I'd recommend more tutoring... night classes. Depending on where you are located, you might have a lot of low cost or no cost options available to you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nappninjax View Post
    Well Math And Language Arts Writing are tough, correcting grammar error is very tough and i don't wanna learn any more...

If you don't get that diploma what do you "wanna" do with the rest of your life where employment is concerned?

Is English your first language?
    ctsseo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 09:39 AM
    I think that a lot of people find Math difficult because it is abstract. People often do not see how it applies to the real world and therefore they just close their minds to it. You learn about graphs, and formulas but teachers rarely explain why that formula is used. I think Math would be easier if more emphasis was placed on application.

Thanks
    ________
    Pragati
    Abacus

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tough, Tough, Sport. Respect Is Due [ 2 Answers ]

This sport is very tough. I have always had much respect for triathletes. I would love to discuss the sport further with the athletes themselves.

Should I tough it out [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: I began seeing 'SJ' 3 years ago. 8 months ago he left me, walked out is more like it. He had drinking/anger problems. But... I was/am totally in love with this man. We are now trying to work things out again. We have sorted through most of our problems. Once the drinking was gone so was...

A Tough One [ 1 Answers ]

De-orbit maneuvers are usually done to lower the perigee of the orbit to 60 miles (or less). The Orbiter is captured and re-enters as it passes into the atmosphere at this altitude. There is a change of 1 mile for every 2 feet per second (fps) change in velocity when you are below a 500-mile...

It seems so tough to get together [ 3 Answers ]

I feel like it's very tough sometimes to have these conversations with friends because they unfortunately can become irritated and biased in certain situations. I have been dating this amazing girl for a little over 5 weeks. From the first night we met we have had the most amazing chemistry....

Tough one... maybe... [ 7 Answers ]

This may be a tough one. I have a Florida drivers license. While on my honeymoon in Maui I got a DUI. I lost my driving privileges initially for one year but we got it down to 90 days. I currently live in San Diego, CA. My question is how do I get my license reinstated after the 90 days is up....

View more questions Search