Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbevz Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 02:54 PM
    I have a question anyone?
    Do you believe it is reasonable to hold a provider liable for the actions of his or her clerical staff?

Not any situation, I just need a opinion with an example?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 31, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Depends on the context.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
    When s staff person kills someone with her car on her lunch hour?
    When a staff person is hung over and misfiles someone's records?
    Should I go on with a thousand more, or would you care to tell us the situation.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 04:03 PM
    Yes we really need to know the scope of your situation. What was the job of the staff person, were they doing something wrong, illegal or unprofessional while performing their duty, etc...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2012, 05:13 AM
    I guess you are too busy or disinclined to answer.
    So in general: yes. Liability is the company's, and goes right to the top.
    You have to have liability insurance. Talk to them.
    mbevz Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Depends on the context.
    None any situation, I just need a opinion with an example.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 01:50 PM
    Okay, if a member of the staff goes out for lunch and runs someone over (a situation that was mentioned) it's not the fault of the employer.

If the clerical staff hands you some else's prescription and you are harmed, it's the provider's fault.

EDIT: Now I've checked your profile. So far AMHD has been asked to do your homework for you on this and 3 other occasions: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...t-624458.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...s-626840.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/health...on-631878.html.

On one occasion your "instructions" to us are: Write a 350- to 500-word review that includes the following... (blah, blah, blah) and include Title and Reference pages that are consistent with APA formatting guidelines (these 2 pages are in addition to the 350-500 word minimum (blah, blah, blah)... AND post the info in Microsoft."

AMHD does not do homework. In fact, if I felt inclined to do this homework, I'd go back to school and get my degree instead of doing your work so you can get your degree.

Ridiculous!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 02:23 PM
    A staff member curses out a customer calling them racial names. The business is liable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Management Accounts Question: Variance Question? [ 0 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The Q is as follows; McCauleys Ltd uses a standard costing system and has produced the following production information for the month of June 2010. Standard Actual Sales (units) 10,000 10,000 Sales price per unit £30 £32...

Pregnancy question 14 dpo question about symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Im 14 days dpo and have been having twinges and fluttering in my uterus. I had sex a couple of days before I ovulated and while I was ovulating. Could I be pregnant?

To submit a question, where is the Question Template to be found? [ 5 Answers ]

When I attempt to print a hard copy from mail received, via my INBOX. The following error template appears... Internet Explorer Script Error Line : 2021 Char : 1 Error : Unspecified Code : 0 URL : ...

View more questions Search