Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    al.uy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 05:58 AM
    What should I do about it?
    Hi.. I'm a 30-year-old bi guy, and I need your advice about a heated argument I had with another guy about my age, who I had known on the Internet and dated twice, via email 4 days ago.

The thing is that it was mostly my fault, in the first place, in being unreliable and inconsistent about a date he asked me to go on a date last Friday evening. I told him that I wasn't free then, and asked him to meet the following day instead. He agreed. But, to make matters worse, I logged on the website where we usually go to know other would-be dates, and the guy I happened to be chatting with was exactly him. He didn't introduce himself but I was dead sure who he was by the way he reacted, and the fact he addressed me by name. First, I didn't realize the seriousness of what I had done, and we started putting the blame on each other. Two days after, I apologized to him for the way I had behaved but he didn't reply... Now I feel too bad in having received no reaction from him.

What should I do now, as I feel terribly bad and guilty?

Thanks a lot
    Somebody1234 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2012, 08:15 PM
    I know you wrote this a while back so you might've resolved the issue already. But I feel like you've already done all that you could do. You gave him your apology, now... what else can you do? You're not going to get on your hands and knees kissing his feet asking for forgiveness, and honestly, it would be wrong of him to make you do that.

As long as you gave him an explanation, and were sincere with your apology, its now up to him to decide whether to forgive you or not. If he made the decision to not accept your apology than the only thing you really can do is; leave him behind. I understand how he could be very hurt over this, but if he wants to act like a child ignoring you, and avoiding the problem, and doesn't bother to even talk it over with you, well.. then he's just not worth it. If it hasn't already; I hope everything works out for the best. Good luck! :)
    al.uy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 03:51 AM
    Hi... Thank you for the advice!

It's been a while, you're right... and I don't why but I suffered a lot from what happened (-:.
    (They often say: "My worst enemy is me" ).

I apologized to him, it's true, but I didn't, in fact, tell him that I had had no intention of hurting him or finding someone else, in the first place. I was going to write to him later in 2 weeks time or so, and fully explain myself, but I had second thoughts, as he didn't even bother to reply to me. I know I should have properly explained myself when I emailed my apology to him, but now I think, considering his behavior, that wouldn't have counted much either.

So, receiving no reply whatsoever from him in a week, I decided to change my profile name on the site, and avoid any possible contact with him even though I don't hate him. Now, I've started to forget all what happened, and feel at peace with myself. That's the best I can do.
    To sum up, I certainly learned a valuable lesson for myself too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search