Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Realtor Girl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Open Desktop Shortcut in New Window
    Recently, our real estate multiple list service began using a program that is internet based, which works fine. We also access our county assessor's records on the internet. My problem occurs when I am working in the multiple list and need to check the assessor's records. I have a shortcut on my desktop for the assessor's office, but when I click it, my multiple list site closes and opens the assessor's site. MY QUESTION: IS THERE A WAY TO FORCE THE SHORTCUT TO OPEN THE ASSESSOR'S SITE IN A NEW WINDOW RATHER THAN USING THE OPEN WINDOW WHERE I'M ACCESSING THE MULTIPLE LIST SITE?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Under Tools>Options in the Advanced tab, under the Browsing section there is a check box to reuse windows for shortcuts. Uncheck it.
    Realtor Girl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 04:17 PM
    THANKS! I feel rather foolish, with the answer being so simple... but, I would not have found it without you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open windows XP desktop folder [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My father had a motherboard failure on his computer. He decided to get a new computer. But there is a folder on the desktop of his old computer called PICTURES that he wants to access. I installed his old HD into the new computer as a second HD. I am able to access the DOCUMENTS...

PAINT in window xp failed to open [ 2 Answers ]

Just don't understand, my PAINT JUST failed to open, any one can help?

Desktop window size shrunk! [ 1 Answers ]

I pressed two buttons near Ctrl-C when I was trying to copy something when using this laptop and I accidentally shrunk my whole desktop window size! I can't change it back and now everything is really small... Help!

Open Internet explorer in new window? [ 5 Answers ]

Please help! I have figured out how to do just about everything I want except open a new window when I click on a link. I have windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2. I can not figure this out :eek: anyone know how?

Remove a Window on My Desktop [ 3 Answers ]

I Have A Window On My Desktop Which I Cannot Remove Any Suggestions There Is No X On The Upper Right I Tried Cont Alt Del To No Avail I Also Shut Down My Computer Thank You In Advance

View more questions Search