Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonewolf18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
    My friends friends signed a contract using her name?
    Okay so I found out the my friends friend submitted her picture to a modeling agency and they liked her so the person signed a contract using her name. Now she is forced to work for them is this legal? If she gave the person no permission to sign the contract which she didn't isn't it not binding? They threatened to take her to court.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
    This doesn't make sense - person A submitted a photo of person B to a modeling agent and they signed her based on the photo? Sorry, doesn't work that way.

OR are you saying person A submitted person A's photo to a modeling agency under someone else's name? It also doesn't work that way. You need to prove your identity, for starters.

No one can bind someone else to a contract - if that is your question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 03:22 PM
    Of course a person if they wanted to be a model should be happy to be getting jobs and getting paid. If someone else signed a contract in their name, they call the police and do a report for fraud.

If the company says they are going to sue, say, great, go for it, since it is not me that signed.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 09:41 PM
    The modeling agency is blowing smoke.

Even if your friend did sign the contract, the modeling agency cannot get a court order forcing her to work for them. Perhaps they are unaware of the 13th Amendment?

The best they could hope for would be an injunction prohibiting your friend from working for a competing modeling agency.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 06:50 AM
    I had an agent back in the day. Unless this is a scam "agency," selling "books," this is NOT how it works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One of my bfs friends that is a girl won't stop texting him and says she's his best friends [ 5 Answers ]

I have been dating my boyfriend for two months and one of his friends that is a girl (he has a few that are) won't stop texting him when we are together. I have asked him to tell her to back off the texting when we are together and he did and she gave him a gilt trip saying that they are best...

Value of a - title-Best Friends Artist-Hamilton Media orig etching signed -ltd editio [ 0 Answers ]

Title-best friends artist -florince hamilton 177 out of 200 media orig etching signed -ltd edtion,

View more questions Search