Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abbyb124 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Written Assignment - Literary Terms and Imagery
    World War I was almost certainly the most horrible war ever fought because of the deadly combination of new weapons and old strategies. In one battle lasting only a few days (the third battle of Ypres), one side of the war (the Allies) had 300,000 soldiers killed in only a few square miles of battle ground. One of the most terrible weapons used was poison gas, which entered the lungs and created a chemical reaction that that caused an extremely painful death. The poet Wilfred Owen was a British soldier in World War I, and he wrote a poem about it. (See the content area for a link to the poem.)
    Write a description of the techniques Owen uses as a part of his voice in this poem. Explain how Owens personal feelings about the war come through in his voice. Be sure to talk about the literary terms you learned and the use of imagery. Give specific examples. Your description should be at least 300 words long. The more examples you use, the better.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
    So what do YOU think Owen was trying to say in his work ?
    abbyb124 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 03:19 PM
    That doesn't help "/
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2012, 03:25 PM
    We are happy to assist you with this work, but we will not do it for you.
    So show us you have at least attempted it for yourself and we'll go from there.
    Please refer to this announcement: Concerning Homework Help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The science of mental imagery [ 2 Answers ]

What part of the brain does mental imagery come from? Does it come from the same part of the brain that is used for our eyes? Is it our eyes that make the pictures or is it something else? Visualization has eluded me for a long time and I wish neuroscience could help crack the mystery for me.

Landlord breaks terms of lease! Terms for early termination or lease? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, Myself and my roommates lease an apartment from our landlord. The building we live in is brand new and we are the first tenets to live in the apartment. There are two apartments in the second story. The landlord also has an office/bar/living area in the front of the building, also on the...

Literary theory [ 1 Answers ]

Literary theory - EAGLETON Hi! I'm reading a chapter called: "What is literature"? the author is Eagleton.My question is: Why does the distinction between FACT and FICTION to define literature stand up to close scrutiny? Thanks for helping me.

Need A Literary Agent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I've published my first novel. It's a great novel with a great story that has to be told. Does anyone know an honest literary agent willing to take a chance on a newcomer?

Would I need a Literary Agent. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello:) I really need to get myself moving and get my 'stuff' published. Yet find myself stuck time and again, not knowing how to proceed. I believe in my writings, and know they will sell. Hope you can help point me in the right direction. Would I need a Literary Agent if:

View more questions Search