Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladylove25 Posts: 100, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2012, 12:09 PM
    How to deal with condecending people?
    How to make them take you seriously? Or to make them stop insulting my intelligence.

It annoys me when I forget a little detail about something and I ask my friend and he says "you do realize that.." like if I'm stupid.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 30, 2012, 12:13 PM
    Honestly, those people are exactly the sort that I avoid. You can't make them stop treating you that way or learn to appreciate you for an intelligent person worthy of respect.
    The only thing you can control is how much you're willing to put up with.
    When I've had those people in my life, I get fed up enough to say "If you can't respect me, then I don't need you in my life." Then you either stay friends and they learn to respect you OR you are no longer "friends" and you can move on with life without them.

Jan 30, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Friend says this to me?
    I made a mistake on what I said or I think I asked a question that was apparently stupid and my friend says "you are such a puertorican". I just shrugged it off but I'm wondering would this be considered stereotypical? Should what he said offend me? By the way my friend was dominican so I don't know. Also I was going to a chat on skype with that friend that said that and another friend who was skyping in DR and I told them it would be easier if I spoke english and the other guy was like (in spanish) no I'm not going to talk to this "gringa" and when I told them what major I was in (criminal justice) he's like oh that's a man (and I'm not) lol anyway what do you guys think?
    Did you found what they said weird? Lol

Do you guys find funny what people say about puertoricans stealing cubas flag? Lol

Jan 30, 2012, 01:09 PM
    How do I troll someone?
    How do I troll someone that trolled me by calling me "a trap"? Lol
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 01:13 PM
    A trap? Not only don't I understand why this is insulting I don't understand it at all.

You troll someone by pushing them to give you a reaction. How you do that is up to you.

It's a form of revenge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Name calling, guess grade school teachers allowing the kids online today.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 01:15 PM
    You are in College and a criminal justice major?

Would a comment like that offend me? No.

I question why the continuing "LOL" on all of your posts. How old are you?

Are you Puerto Rican which, by the way, is two words, so I'm guessing you are not.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 01:18 PM
    You seem to have a problem with self confidence and other people embarrassing you, not respecting you, making fun of you. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...e-631784.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...me-631782.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ys-630755.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...me-618006.html; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/religi...on-613999.html (in this thread you didn't realize that Roman Catholics are, in fact, Christians); https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...es-611457.html

You are VERY tied up in what other people think and say about you - almost preoccupied.

For someone in College - particularly a criminal justice major - you seem very young. There is no way you are going to make a living in any facet of law enforcement unless you start to worry less about what other people think of you.

Quite simply - I don't think someone in College would be posting "LOL" and "Ha ha" in every post.

Something isn't quite right here.

Jan 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
    They want me to get a reaction because they are calling me a trap lol I don't know how to get back at them though
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jan 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
    I'm not sure I'd be personally offended but it seems obvious that they are making fun of you. You're the only one who can decide if that's offensive to you or not.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Name calling, guess grade school teachers allowing the kids online today.

Read the rest of the threads. My spidey senses are firing - https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/emotio...le-631769.html
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2012, 01:25 PM
    The best way to get back at name callers, is to completely ignore them.
    They get their kicks from getting a reaction from their target.
    So no reaction, no kicks and they move on to someone else.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2012, 01:29 PM
    >Threads Merged as they are basically the same<

Jan 30, 2012, 01:53 PM
    -hmmm.. don't know why you question something so irrelevant to what I'm asking in this post but.. OK. Im 20 and I just write it because I can.
    -I know its 2 words I just typed it so fast I did not space it.
    -sue me
    - by the way Iam Puerto Rican

Thank you for responding.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 02:05 PM
    Just so I have this right you are Puerto Rican and insulted because someone called you Puerto Rican? Do I have that right?

It's not the least bit unusual to look at other threads and/or ask questions if the info posted does not seem to make sense. For example, if someone who is Puerto Rican cannot spell it, that's a concern that someone is a troll.

Jan 30, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Sure I am concerned because I want to know WHY and try to deal with that positively.
    I still disagree with Roman Catholics being christians, but ill just leave it there.
    And yea I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the answers :)

Jan 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Hi Judy.

Well maby I'm taking this the wrong way but I think he called me stupid in other words. So that's why I was like should I be offended by this because I don't know if that's what he was really saying. And I know some Puerto Ricans would actually be offended hence the question. The others I posted had more to do with the usual people I hang with. It just seems like they have that type of attitude you know. So for next time I want to handle it in a mature manner rather than say "f-off".
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladylove25 View Post
    Sure iam concerned because i want to know WHY and try to deal with that positively.
    I still disagree with Roman Catholics being christians, but ill just leave it there.
    And yea i have alot to learn.

Thanks for the answers :)

Right, and that's why that particular thread was closed - although it is interesting reading.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladylove25 View Post
    Hi Judy.

Well maby im taking this the wrong way but i think he called me stupid in other words. So thats why i was like should i be offended by this because idk if thats what he was really saying. And i know some Puerto Ricans would actually be offended hence the question. The others i posted had more to do with the usual people i hang with. It just seems like they have that type of attitude you know. So for next time i want to handle it in a mature manner rather than say "f-off".

I'll repeat what I said earlier - you are obsessing on either these "insults" or presumed "insults" or you are posting here for the attention.

If you believe everyone is insulting you maybe they are and maybe they have a reason.

Next time you are considering telling someone to "f-off" you might want to re-read your religious beliefs on your "Catholic" thread.

Otherwise I'm out of here.

Jan 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
    Judy-Also I really do not believe what you said about me never making a living in any facet of law enforcement unless I worry less what everybody thinks of me because I know that my first obligation should be to justice. However, there are certain people that I should always worry about what they think of you.It can keep you honest and keep you on your toes if you're constantly questioning, for example what my mother would think of me or what martin luther king, jr would think of me.when it comes to criminals it should not matter what they think.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you deal with habitual liars? Do you think honest people have to? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to hear your opinion about habitual liars. I think it's easier for people who are also liars to deal with the same kind. I'm pretty honest. I lie sometimes but not like even if there's no shame at stake. Sometimes they even lie to help each other out when they got problems. It's crazy. ...

How to deal with people that you don't feel respect you? [ 8 Answers ]

OKay, as some of you may know, I started at job at a coffee shop in October. Well, I'm having an issue with a couple of people that I work with. They've never actually outright done anything to me, but their patronizing demeanor really offends me. I try very hard to do well at work, Sometimes I...

Deal with people. [ 1 Answers ]

How do u deal with peole whome you are with down to earch nice and they can't say only two majic words (thank you), they are taking everything from as they desever it and when u need something they have nothing, if something happens (even a small thing they will blame on u), could anyone please...

How do people deal with conflict? [ 7 Answers ]

How do people deal with conflict?

View more questions Search