Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casper_cat76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 12:59 PM
    2 male aggressive cats
    I have 2 unfixed male cats. Kaspian is a part Bengal domestic, and is almost 3 years old. Kain is part Siamese, and is almost 2 years old. We go them about 6 months apart when they were kittens. So have been together all their lives. They got along great until we moved about 3 months ago, and then started fighting aggressively, leaving fur every where. We have no other animals. Kaspian seems to start all the fights, and I find mostly Kains fur everywhere.
    They do not seem to have problems getting along until all of a sudden when no one is around I hear them yowling and growling and fighting. They play often and eat from the same dish and use the same litter box.
    When we first brought Kain home Kaspian became aggressive towards me for about a month . Eventually he learned I was dominate and quit. That was when he was about 9 months old. He does not attack anyone but Kain now. They will start to back down, but it is getting worse every time. I am afraid that Kaspian is going to severely injure Kain. Also Kain seems to be taking all the beating most of the time.
    Kaspian is very much my tail 90% of the time. Kain comes around every few hours to check and see what I am doing but then leaves again. They both are in bed with my husband and I when we go to sleep.
    Their fights only happen in the middle of the day or in the middle of the night.
    I plan on getting them both fixed, We have not had the money until recently. Will that help also?
    Water does not bother them when they are fighting. I have tried yelling at them and that does not help. Kaspian is very responsive to my voice normally, being a bengal that is one of his traits.
    Thanks
    Dana
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Getting them fixed should help. You should talk to your vet, maybe he/she has some suggestions.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 03:16 PM
    CasperCat, your little boys are growing up!

When you take two adult unfixed Toms and put them into the same household, you are going to have problems. It appears Kaspian is the dominant of the two but eventually that could change as Kain gets older.

I am glad you have been saving to have them fixed. It should make a major difference in all of your lives. The first and best line of defense for this problem is neutering. So, please make the appointment as soon as you are able. Speak to the vet about his opinion on whether you should do them both at the same time. Most believe it is fine, but not all. Personally, I feel it is better to do them together because they will each ignore the other for a while as they heal from surgery. But, if you are forced to choose one first, take Kaspian, the dominant one. You don't want him to be pulling his rank on Kain when Kain is recuperating. He could do a lot of damage.

Over time, you will see a marked difference in their personalities. They will be calmer, any spraying they are doing, and the aggression that is being exhibited should eventually be minimized. Just remember, it takes awhile for those hormones to leave their systems. So, please be patient.

Later on, if you are still having problems, stop back here and let us know what is going on.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Aggressive Daschund Puppy... but only with me! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have an 11 week year old Alpha Female Daschund. She is such a cutey and I love her a lot. But when I tell her no bite, or I try and discipline her, she growls at me and attacks me. That is the only time she does though and all of the other times she is snugly and loving. She does not do...

Spayed male dog humping other male dogs. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My male dog mixed boston terrier/pug. He has been spayed at 4 months old. He never bother females dogs. But when a small male dog comes around he wants to hump her all the time. Why is that? How can I break him from it? I though once spayed they do not have the desire to hump. And why he only...

GF's random aggressive behaviour II [ 18 Answers ]

Yeap!. we were again together, and for some time things were going just fine... sudently another fight and another harsh words from her... She came from a university reunion with some of her friends, and they all were with so me drinks on their heads, she came to pick me up to drive them to...

Gf's random aggressive behaviour [ 7 Answers ]

Hi to all, greetings for this forum which helps lots of people to vent their problems, like me.. Well, my case its kind of long to explain but I will try to resume it as better as I can. I have a relatioship with my 19 yo girlfriend, we been together about 2 1/2 years now. We experiment lots...

My Dachshund is getting aggressive ? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my Dachshund, its because he got very attached to me and for example when I have visits he gets very aggressive to them until he goes close to them and barks a them and shows theeth, and it happened two times that he bitted. But then after that he can be very caring to...

View more questions Search