Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobby409808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Had unprotected sex,period came but Im showing all pregnancy symptoms?
    2 days before my last period was due, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. I didn't think anything of it because my knowledge was that you couldn't get pregnant that close to getting your period. I missed my period for 2 days but then it arrived. And for the past 3 weeks I've been showing all symptoms of pregnancy (nausea in the mornings, abnormal food cravings, headaches, bloating), but I haven't been spotting so what does that mean? Although I went to the doctors and had a urine test, which came back negative. I'm awaiting my blood test results. Can someone help me know what's going on?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 09:13 PM
    It very well could be pregnancy, don't know where you heard or thought you could not get pregnant two days before, but of course you can, for some they can even get pregnant during their period. But if you were pregnant two days before period, yes you may even have that period and still be pregnant,

So while not as common, it is very possible to be pregnant. At this point, you have not missed the next period, so it is early for normal urine pregnancy test, esp if it is not with the first urine of the morning. So it showing negative is actually expected at this point.

So now time to wait for the blood test to come back,

When it does return and let us know.

If it is negative, the doctor will most likely want you to come back in for more tests for infections or other possible issues.
    bobby409808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 11:26 PM
    Thanks Fr_Chuck for taking the time to reply :)
    I'll let you know, results are in tomorrow

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Short period, missed period, unprotected sex, brown discharge am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I'm on the pill and I had my period for about 3 days then took pills for 2 days I was unable to get to the doc and got my period for one more day I had unprotected sex the following day and my boyfriend went inside me I didn't take my pills for the rest of the month me and my boyfriend...

Unprotected sex and pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am 22 year female.I had unprotected sex on 4th dec, 2010. And had taken I pill, within 6 hours. My previous period was on 14 nov and current period is late by one day. Does it mean that I'm pregnant. What sud I do. I'm desperate. I have started smoking to prevent it somehow. *** help

7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 9 Answers ]

STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital...

View more questions Search