Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blink19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Early release?
    My friend has just gone to prison for 32 months for a sexual offence and has been told has to serve half of it is there any way he can get out any earlier and when could he get out
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
    In The UK, for a sentence under 48 months the norm is to serve half and then the rest is on "licence".

Occasionally, depending on the severity of the crime and the inmate behaviour, tagging maybe an option two months before the halfway mark.
    So, assuming they do EXACTLY as they are told, they could be out, on tag, after 14 months. Otherwise is is likely to be at 16 months.
    blink19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Thanks for that his solicitor told another friend that he should be out in 10 to 12 months wich I don't really understand
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Which is why he needs to keep in contact with his solicitor and follow up with any programs they may have while in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation early release [ 3 Answers ]

If all my fines and restitution are paid in full and my probation is for 3 years do I have to wait 18 months before my probation officer can ask the jude for early release

How do you write a letter to a judge for early release from a work- release -program [ 3 Answers ]

Could you please help me in writing a letter to a judge for early release from a work release program

How do you write a letter for early release from work release program [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to compose a letter for a friend that has been in a work release program since July and he wants to try for early release in order to help his mom who lost her husband a couple of days prior to his incarceration.

Early release or not? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is now serving a five year sentence in an Indiana pen.(felony drug charges) but its his first offense in Indiana but his first drug offense ever. Do you think that he will have to complete the whole five years before being released?what is the earliest he could be released?what actions...

Early release [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it is possible for a probation officer to release you earlier from probation than what the judge has sentenced me to in NYS

View more questions Search