Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murph Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2004, 05:42 AM
    Add extra light to one switch (UK)
    I have a light switched with a normal one way light switch and want to loop in an extra light from the same switch.
    Do I just omit a switch wire on the extra lights rose after it's added to the circuit or must I loop it in slightly different?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2004, 07:01 AM
    All you need to do is run one pair of wires from the first light to the second light. If the first light has 4 wires to it, you have to determine the ones connected to the mains with the switch in the on position, and connect them to the second light.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Light and switch issue [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace an existing light fixture. I have discovered four wires coming into the opening. When I connect the new light *** the old one was I only have power before the light and the new light comes on. No power to the rooms beyond the light. In addition, the new light is on...

Do fluorescent light consume extra power when turned on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having an ongoing debate with several people for quite a few years now over whether the "fluorescent startup myth" is true or not. The legend is that although fluo's consume less power than incandescents while running, fluo's consume a lot of power when you first start them up -...

Light switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a foyer light which is on a three way switch, one is a 1000 watt dimer. The other day the light would not work while switching the dimmer. I went to the other switch and flipped it and it worked. It has worked properly prior to this episode and now works properly again from both positions. I...

Two-way light switch [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure how to fit an external light, taking it from a one-way switch & converting it into a Two-way, my kitchen light switch's are at either end of the room. So I went & brought a Two-way switch to fit in next to the back door of my kitchen. How do I transfer power to the extra switch that I...

View more questions Search