Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puggypugpower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
    NYS Disabilty Payments
    My husband rec'd disabilty pmts for 6 months and just rec'd a W2 from his employer where he has to pay tax on all that money. Why would the employer send a W2, when the payments were made by the insurance company and why didn't they take tax out to begin with?
    rmchug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 09:51 AM
    I am in the same situation. The disability payments I received were from an insurance company but my employer pays the premium on that which I didn't realize... I only pay the premium for my regular health insurance. I also received NYS disability payments but since I pay into that every week, those payments are NOT taxed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does ssdi auxiliary payments count as child support in nys [ 1 Answers ]

I was told by csu that ssdi auxiliary payments don't count as child support in nys my ex owes almost 27000 in arrears she never filed for modification when she was approved for ssdi support order is 69200 per month which she has not paid in over 2 years. I have 2 boys who receive 522.00 a month in...

Printable nys unemployment w-2 nys [ 1 Answers ]

How do I print my unemployment 2009 nys w-2

I am a Registered CPA in NYS do I have to register as tax preparer in NYS [ 1 Answers ]

Registered CPA in New York Does new law to register as tax preparer in New York apply

NYS disability payments [ 2 Answers ]

Where would I find the amount of income I need to report on my taxes from disabilty payments I receved. Would it be on my w-2 or would I receive some sort of 1099. I do not have it on my w-2 nor have I received any form from anywhere. Thanks. Mike.

View more questions Search