Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gracevac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Mixing leather with fabric
    Can I mix a leather sofa with a fabric love seat? The pieces are from the same compAny and the same style with the same hardware, legs, etc.
    britsmak Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jan 28, 2012, 10:04 AM
    I would not hesitate to use them in the same room. In home décor magazines this look would be tied together with accessories chosen to coordinate with the colors in both pieces. Iron / Mediteranian candle holders and end tables would go with the leather if you like that look. Use the colors in the love seat on mats for pictures on the walls, and bowls or vases on coffee tables and end tables. Use these love seat colors for throw pillows on the leather sofa. You may also use shawls or throws in appropriate colors. Room draperies and/or blinds should be in colors that coordinate or are neutral. If you collect anything, display them on shelves or in cabinets, but do not use too many and thus make the room look too "busy".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leather versus fabric [ 1 Answers ]

I have a leatherette living room set and one of the chairs needs reparing but I havve decided to use fabric for the repair work. Would that be practical?

Mixing leather sofa with fabric floral chairs? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, (please see links at bottom for photos) We've recently purchased this sofa (Natuzzi brown leather), and we're looking for some chairs to go with it. We're avoiding leather for the chairs as the colour won't be the same, and we don't want to add cream or another colour as the armchair...

Can you use lace curtains with leather and fabric furniture? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm redecorating and have a huge window in my living room with beautiful cream colored lace curtains. I want to get a black sofa to go with my red and tan walls. The carpeting is cream/tan blend. I plan to get a fabric chair and add pillows to match on the black sofa. Would my lace curtains...

Mixing Fabric Chairs with Leather Sofas [ 3 Answers ]

I am moving into a larger home, and my living room furniture (a leather sofa and leather chair) make the new space seem very empty. I was wandering what other pieces of furniture (e.g. chairs) that I should buy, and what type of material and pattern would go best with a deep brown (almost a little...

Mixing leather sofa with fabric? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to buy a black leather 3 seater sofa and then re upholster my fabric sofa. Will this work? What colors/fabrics should I look for to compliment my black leather? I don't want to be too modern/bachlor pad type... going for more modern but traditoinal look. We have young kids but want to...

View more questions Search