Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danoweb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Bird in Toilet
    We found a live bird in our master bedroom toilet with the lid down. No one was home all day, heard noise in the throne and to my surprise was a medium sized black-ish bird just as surprised to see me. Only explanation I have is that I have a plumbing vent through the roof, it has not screen on the outside, so could it have fell down in it, through the trap in up into the toilet? It has been a heavy rainy day, so maybe it was trying to get shelter and OOPPSS! Has anyone heard of this before? Again, no way it got into the house, found the toilet and closed the lid on itself.
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Jan 27, 2012, 06:24 PM
    All toilets have a vent pipe through the roof. Mice, rats, and any other animal on the roof and curious about a hole can investigate, fall into the sewer drain and work back up to the trap in the toilet. There is no water filling the pipe below the trap, so it's only a short trip 'underwater' to get into the toilet bowl.

I suspect the bird followed the same route. Most pipes have no covering at all on them.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 07:49 AM
    I know there have been no updates, but did the bird survive?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creepy film evil boy on farm turns into a bird or sees through eyes of a bird [ 4 Answers ]

What I remember of the film An old big (tall) wooden? Farmhouse. Located I think in the USA. The family had European connections. The boy was bad or evil or misunderstood (not sure) He could either turn into or see through the eyes of a flying bird. This is something I think that was passed...

Bird in Toilet Bowl [ 6 Answers ]

I raised my toilet lid to use the bathroom, but there was a dead bird in there. The bird must have been alive at some point because the lid, rim, seat were all splashed with water. How did the bird get in there? The lid was down.

Bird Training & Bird toys business. How to start? [ 3 Answers ]

I used to work at an Animal Hospital for 3 Years, and I got into bird training. I got really well at it and I love it! I've trained my bird to wave, fetch, and do a lot of other complex tricks. I've also helped my friend with her Bird's behavioral problems. I really want to do this more, but I'm...

Change in weight of bird-cage when the bird is flying inside the cage? [ 2 Answers ]

Q1. What kind of Change would be observed in the weight of bird-cage, weighed by a spring balance 1. when the bird is sitting inside the cage 2. when the bird is flying inside the cage? WHY? Q2. A 1.0 gm. Seed is sown on the earth after few years it becomes one of the biggest trees in the...

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

View more questions Search