Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pjowheels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
    2001 ford focus vibration problem?
    2001 ford focus started vibrating last winter when I would back out of garage acted like brake was on hard to move. Since then I have replaces struts, brakes and drums, changed tran fluid, replaced tentioner pully, and now the vibrations is in all gears but still not all the time but more so when cold or has set a while. Could this be harmonic balance problem or motor mounts. (115,000 miles) serpantine belt changed at about 70 or 80,000
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Check for stones caught in the engine mounts. Do you drive a lot on gravel roads? That is likely the problem.
    pjowheels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 08:20 PM
    Yes, my driveway is approx. 1700' of gravel!! Thanks I will have that checked
    Ratchet Spanner Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Feb 14, 2015, 12:24 PM
    Check the engine mounts, I had same vibration, replaced 2 mounts and now on probs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ford focus 2001 has vibration but goes away [ 1 Answers ]

My 2001 Ford Focus starts with a noticeable vibration and noise just like capgirl49. However, after driving a long period, like well over the half hour mark, the vibration stops and the car is quiet and back to normal. Is this a timing issue and possible problem with the PCM or some other...

2001 ford focus [ 2 Answers ]

I have smoke coming out of my tail pipe what could cause this to happen

Ford focus 150.000 miles has intense vibration [ 9 Answers ]

Upon starting our ford focus 2001 the vibration is so noticeable.. like an airplne starting. Vibration lessens somewhat upon putting in Drive.. but altogether is quite intense. Is it motor mounts, struts, tranny? Really intense upon first start in "Park"

Ford Focus 1.8TDCI vibration at 1800rpm [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Focus 1.8TDCI which has a vibration when the engine reaches 1800rpm, but then stops after the engine passes 2000rpm. I can hear the vibration and feel it through the steering wheel. It does not seem to be related to road speed at all - only to the engine speed. I have...

Ford Focus 2001 Replaced radiator fans not coming on [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced the radiator and the fans are not coming on. The fuses are fine. What gives? Please reply asap iuf possible it is Weds 9-2-09

View more questions Search