Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cutie1987 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 03:05 PM
    Boyfriend hates valentines day
    "Hi I'm in high school and my boyfriend said he hates valentines day but I really want to do something special for him since its our 1sr valentines day together please help :'(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Why does it hate it, old girlfriend memory? Does not believe in the wild commercial event that has taken over a wonderful day.

Invite him to your home and you cook a meal for him. Take him out for a meal.
    But for most guys, this day is only a big deal because we feel forced to make it one because the girls all expect something.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Do you know why he dislikes Valentine's Day? If not, talk to him about it. Don't make plans that include him for something that might being causing him pain. If it is the anniversary of the day someone close to him died or their birthday or some other personal tragedy, then calling attention to the day may be prodding a very painful memory. By showing him that you are listening to his needs, you will be doing something special for him.

If he has issues with Valentine's Day, ask him if he would like to do something special a day or two before or after the holiday. Create your own special day instead of going along with everyone else.

Special things don't have to be big. Sometimes the smaller they are the more they mean. Sitting in a park watching clouds can be very special if the person you are with is.
    sarahj27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 04:17 PM
    ! Yes do it! Show him that this means a lot to you ! Ahah screw it if he doesn't like v day ! I'm sure he will love what ever you do
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
    Communication and compromise can strengthen a relationship.

Forcing someone to do things your way without consideration of their feelings can be the end of a relationship.

You don't need a reason to do something special for someone. Random acts of affection and caring can often mean more than doing something on a day that some people think should be special just because they said it is.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 08:36 AM
    He told you he hates it, and if you do something great, he will feel pressured to do something great. If he doesn't, you know good and well you will feel disappointed, and let down, then you both will be sad.

Tell him ahead of time, so the dude can at least get a card or candy. YOU must be straight and honest to avoid confusion later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to get boyfriend for valentines day! [ 21 Answers ]

Hey guys, I've never really paid attention to valentine's day till this year because I have a boyfriend, but I have NOOOO idea what to get a guy for valentines... I was thinking of getting him a dog because he reallllllllly wants one but his annoying mother keeps on saying "no." Any ideas on what I...

Valentines day. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! Okay well I haven't really had a boyfriend on valentines day before so I'm not really sure what I should do for him.. I want to do something very sweet and unique and I want it to be a valentines that he'll remember forever.. nothing to crazy though I'm only eighteen and I don't want to over...

Valentines Day [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all, As seen in my previous posts my ex has been needy lately and lonely and we hung out as friends that's all she wanted but I want more. She was telling everyone she had a great time with me but she only wants to be my friend and so on. She also mentioned how much I love her and things...

Valentines day [ 25 Answers ]

Has anyone got anything special planned for valentines day? My girlfriend is coming home from india and I think illl take her to dinner, any one else thinking of doing something special?

View more questions Search