shb7471 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Mark up on new vehicles specific Dodge Durango
    Good morning,
    I am trying to find out what the average mark up is on a new Dodge Durango
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2007, 08:47 AM
    I don't have a specific answer, but just some info I've learned from a buddy:

In the new car business "markup" is not a simple thing to determine on new cars. Some dealers sell cars for "$100 over invoice", but I'm told that this is misleading. On a sale like that they will certainly make more than $100 on the vehicle even considering that they'll be paying the sales person a commission.

There are a variety of "invoices" that could be used - and on top of that there are kickbacks to dealers from manufacturers and other things that come into play.

I'm told that if you can negotiate the purchase for the dealer's "invoice price" then you're doing pretty good.

I hope that helps a bit. Stay tuned, though. Others may pipe in on this.

PS. I'll move this to Cars & Trucks where our cars & trucks expert will see it.
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shb7471
    Good morning,
    I am trying to find out what the average mark up is on a new Dodge Durango
    Hi,
    I don't mind telling you since the chances of my dealership selling you a car are very slim unless you move to my state, LOL. But the average markup on tany vehicle made in the US is about 17%. But there is also the holdback which is 10% the advertizing which is about 150 to 400 per vehicle. So in short you should be able to save of the sticker price almost $3100.00 in real money. Now you will probably ask what is real money. Real money is the price on the sticker from the factory not the price at the dealer. We add little things like, pin stripping, undercoating, rustproofing, bodyside molding , etc. which we can add almost $1000.00 to $4000.00 more to the price. That's why we can say to you I'll knock off $3,000.00 of the price and laugh all the way to the bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Dodge Durango w/code p0320 and p0700 [ 2 Answers ]

My Dodge Durango recently has been occasionally not starting and sometimes it bucks while driving. The codes are p0320 and p0700. I looked these codes up and found the p0320 was crankshaft position sensor reference signal can not be found while the engine is cranking. And from what I've seen for...

Tow vehicles [ 12 Answers ]

I just bought a 2006 Airstream Land Yacht. I have a '05 PT Cruiser automatic transmission car. How can I safely tow this vehicle?

Losing Our House And Vehicles [ 5 Answers ]

Im 26 And Married Have 4 Kids And Another In Coming In April2007 . Husband Had Decent Job Got Layrd Off Jan 5 2007 . House Mortgage 1 Month Behind . Husband Found A Job 11.oo Hr Was Making 21.75 . Nothing Hiring .please Help Were Losing Our House And Vehicles

2001 Dodge Durango overheating [ 3 Answers ]

Auxiliary heating pump went bad. Durango overheated. Had it towed and the pump was replaced. I drove it home and it overheated again. Checked the reservoir and there was no circulation of fluid in reservoir and the fluid in the reservoir was cold! Heater hose from top of radiator was warm to...

View more questions Search