Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieDUnn Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Jan 26, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Submersible deep pump
    I just had a new pump put in yesterday I started to run the water today as I was told to do so by the guy who installed the new pump. After an hour of running the water the water stopped.. so I'm back where I started no water! Everything is on can anyone help me out?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Pump and job have to be under warranty. Call the installer.

Jan 27, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Thanks. I called the guy he had me turn the pump off for two hours and then turn it on... I have water again I just hope this doesn't always happen!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 27, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Did the pump guy tell you what was the problem? Back to you, Tom

Jan 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
    He said I have a weak well? I have no clue what that even means
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2012, 09:26 PM
    Probably it means your well cannot supply enough water to run the pump nonstop for an hour. Since the pump will rarely if ever need to do that, you are probably OK. He has you doing that now to clear out any muddy water from the well after his install job.

Jan 28, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Ok but my water pressure now is awful... Before it wasn't great but now it is just awful. I called the guy left a message for him I just don't know what any of this stuff is or how it even works.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2012, 06:15 AM
    He should be able to raise your system pressure. It's done by adjusting the pressure switch. See link below.

How to adjust water pump pressure, pump cut-on pressure and pump cut-off pressure - private pump and well system do-it-yourself repairs

Jan 28, 2012, 06:18 AM
    Thank you I'm going to take a look at the link now.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Katie, I'm going to guess that he used a 20/40 switch, meaning that the pressure falls to 20# as water is used, and then the pump turns on. As pressure builds, it gets up to 40# and the switch cuts the pump off. 20# is pretty low. Tell your guy you would at least like to get up to 30/50. He might tell you that higher pressures make the pump work harder and shorten its life, and he is right about that. But stepping up 10# won't be the end of the world. I run ours on 60/40. If it means the pump fails 2 years sooner than it would have, then so be it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Submersible deep well water pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a submersible deep well pump. Old pump quit working replaced with new pump supply line and pressure switch still no water you can hear pump run

Low pressure in 170 ft deep well through submersible pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed submersible pump 170 ft deep well for my bilding to store water in the overhead Tank (40 ft) . It was working well for the last 4 years . Now it works well i.e with desired pressure if the voltage is above 250 volts and it takes 7 amp current . However, if the voltage is below 230...

Two questions pool pump & submersible well pump for irrigation in river [ 3 Answers ]

Have a inground pool about 5 yrs old that we replace motor every yr,the wireing & amount of juice is OK it's the sealed bearings that start squealing an freeze up, 2ND ? The well pump is 220v / 2 wire direct to breaker ,its on or off nothing fancy an has worked for years except this yr ,runs...

Low pressure in 170 ft deep well through submersible pump [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed submersible pump 170 ft deep well for my bilding to store water in the overhead Tank (40 ft) . It was working well for the last 4 years . Now it works well i.e with desired pressure if the voltage is above 250 volts and it takes 7 amp current . However, if the voltage is below 230...

In a 160 ft. Deep well with a submersible pump, pressure has gone from 60 to 45 psi [ 5 Answers ]

Water pressure began to degrade about 2 week ago the pump continued to run with pressure switch at 60PSI, reduced pressure switch to 55 ans it was OK, after 1 week pump could not achieve 55PSI. I dropped the pressure to 50PSI. It continues to degrade. Does this sound like a bad pump?

View more questions Search