Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caonima Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 03:43 AM
    An accounting question for home office expense?
    A flat is owned by Mr Yew, the business does not pay monthly rental for using the flat as home office space. However, the office space used by Yew Services may be rented out for $1,800 had it not been occupied by the business. The average monthly utilities expenses for Mr Yew's HDB flat is $480, of which half is attributable to the business.

The question is : for this situation , what should I Dr and Cr for the journal?

Thank you very much!

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting entries for pre incorporation expense [ 1 Answers ]

Accounting entries for pre incorporation expense

Trying to figure office/supply expense on general journal [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for any help in advance. I am missing something... The excel document will tell me when I get the right answer and I haven't yet. In the General Journal it calls for the Office Supplies expense and the Store Supplies Expense. I have tried numerous variations of the numbers but can't figure...

Accounting bad debt expense? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have one question about the accounting for allowance for doubtful accounts. If the question ask: beginning balance in the allowance for doubtful accounts is $8000, during the year, it wrote off actual customer accounts $7300, @ the end of the year, the accountant uses an aging of accounts...

Accounting for promotional expense [ 1 Answers ]

I just opened a restaurant and gave away $4000 in sales the first day. I am not sure what journal entry to make. And should it be booked at cost or fair market value? My guess is that the debit entry would be Promotional expense ($) but I am not sure what the credit entry would be. Also,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.