Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhmorris3486 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2004, 12:21 PM
    Clock period delay
    Hello,

I have a question: what is a clock period delay and how is it implemented in a integrated circuit? I am new to designing I.C.'s and would like to know how it's implemented. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Jason
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Nov 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
    Are you designing IC's? You surely don't do this on your own. Normally, your employer has the required documentation.
    A clock period delay is implemented with delay-lines. Usually an RC circuit - which can be on the chip itself, but it can also be external (a real physical wire of a specific length will do the job too). You need a lot of mathematical skills to design this.
    Clock period delays are needed to keep all logic elements synchronized. As the slowest circuits cannot be accelerated, the fastests are slowed down - with delays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I Delay My Period ? [ 1 Answers ]

HELP!! I am going camping for 3 days.. when I am due for my period and there is no toilets so we have to go to the bathroom in the bush... What can I do!! Is there anyway I can delay my period?

Diabetes symptoms... delay in testing [ 1 Answers ]

I just called my dr's office to set up an appointment to be tested for diabetes, but my family doctor is only taking urgent cases today, so I have to wait and call back next Friday, which I wasn't very happy about. I really don't want to wait another week for this. I'm still experiencing specific...

Please explain this, Time delay fuse box, [ 2 Answers ]

The house I bought has a time delay fuse box system? Does this means after a fuse box breaker blowes and I reset it I still have to wait before it will reset it self? I want to upgrade to a 200 amp box what should I look for, I have a GE Box, all are 20 amp breakers, there are a couple 30amp...

View more questions Search