Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    UsaveU Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 04:30 PM
    1 Circuit, Multiple lights
    So for all of you who have been answering my question you know that I am in the middle of a rehab. I have decided to pull the permit and just rewire the whole house, I am going to do the electrical this weekend myself so that I do not eat up my additional items budget (it's for unplanned things). The inspector is going to be at the house tomorrow so we can go over what my plans are. He said that any question I have he will be more then willing to answer but I will have a lot, so I decided to ask you guys one of them.

I have three rooms, two of the rooms will have 3 way switches operating one light and 1 room with just a single pole. I am wondering if I should just supply power to a junction box from the breaker and split it three ways to feed my switches. Or if I should pack the extra wire into the switch boxes and just daisy chain the 3 switch boxes.

It won't save me material either way.
    UsaveU Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 07:10 PM
    My attachment shows how I want to wire it if you don't understand what I was trying to say.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Switch wiring.pdf (22.2 KB, 158 views)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2012, 07:23 PM
    Personally, if it was me, I would just run a 12-2 to each of the 3 rooms, most need to be Arc Fault, Then a 12-2 for the travellers, 12-3, if switch leg or neutral need to be on other end of cable.
    Most of what I do, is in conduit, better info from the local Electrical Guys/Girls? On this site may follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple lights for multiple switches [ 1 Answers ]

Rewired existing lights for a friend which had a 3 way switch installed to it and other leads to other lights, when I added a switch to one of the lights to remove it from the 3 way SW it worked fine but ended up removing power to the other lights downstream. What went wrong and how do I fix it?

Multiple baseboards with multiple thermostats one circuit [ 22 Answers ]

Hi again guys, I want to run multiple baseboard heaters one one circuit in my basement. I have a small basement, so I figure I will need about 4 total baseboards. I figure I'll need about 4000 watts, I'm running 240 volt. So according to my code where I live, I'll require #12 and a 30 amp breaker...

Wiring Multiple Lights on one circuit [ 4 Answers ]

I want to run 6 can lights, 2 other lights and one light in the bathroom. Can I run all of these on 1 15 amp circuit? And if so how would I go about connecting them all? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Multiple switches in circuit, but one needs to be a 2 way [ 15 Answers ]

Unusual problem here.. I have regular ceiling lights, wired with two 3-way switches. My garage door opener (Craftsman) has a add on that would allow me to use my remote to turn on or off a lamp inside the home (outlet that switches on and off with the remote, basically a 2-way switch, either...

Multiple Lights from one switch [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, was wondering what is the best way to wire multiple lights from one switch? When I say multiple I mean about 6 can lights in a kitchen. I will be running a new circuit from the box. I have always wired 2 or 3 lights from a single junction box which contains the power, the switch and...

View more questions Search