Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    houseymouseys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 01:40 PM
    2-year-old with fever/cough, chest x-ray was clear
    My 2 year old has had a fever for almost 3days now (99-101) and coughing/runny nose. Went to the Dr already but the chest x-rays came back clear. Ears weren't infected. Oxygen level was high of 94. What could he have?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2012, 02:44 PM
    Hi houseymouseys,

How is your two year old acting? Does he still play? Eat fairly well? Breathing is fine? What did his doctor say might be the cause? Did his doctor say anything about his oxygen level?

It could be a viral infection that just has to run its course. Of course see how he does over the next several days. If at all concerned about any change, or no change, contact his doctor again.

If he is acting fine, medication for the fever is probably not necessary as he fights the infection. If he appears uncomfortable, follow whatever his doctor has recommended in regards to medication.

Of course the usual of plenty of liquids, saline nasal drops perhaps for his nose... and/or something like a humidifier, and rest can be helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My entire family is sick with a sore throat, cough, and chest congestion. Any home are [ 3 Answers ]

My entire family is sick with a sore throat, cough, and chest congestion. Any home remedies that can help out?

Chest up high, speech so clear and confident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have always been kind of self-conscious about my speech. I have been told that I sound laid back and not very confident. No one really likes talking to me because I slur and don't seem to speak normally. However, when I bring my chest up high (even to the point of possible bad posture...

Is mothers chest X-ray (taken when foetus is 7months) causes autism? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My wife taken chest x-ray due to asthma(TB early stage) as directed by the physician, when she is carrying a 7 months old foetus. Is this chest x-ray causes autism or any impact to my 16 months old child? Now my kid is 16 months old and she is very active when playing/eating/imitating...

View more questions Search