Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gilley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
    Wiring 3 wall switches in separate locations for one ceiling fan/light
    How would I wire wall switches in 3 separate locations to control power to the celing fan/light combination? I would like to still be able to use the pull cords to activate each separately if I need to, but would like to be able to turn the lights on when I come in the room (at 3 different room entrances). Thanks.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 25, 2012, 03:46 PM
    I would like to still be able to use the pull cords to activate each separately
    Do you mean that you would like to use the pull chain to turn the fan on and off and the switches to turn the light on and off?

Where is the power coming to, the ceiling box or a switch box?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a ceiling fan with light, remote and 2 wall switches [ 1 Answers ]

My new Harbor Breeze Avian comes with a remote, ceiling fan and light. My previous ceiling fan worked off two switches, one for the light and one for the fan. To get it to work, we wired black to black, white to white and red to blue. But now it only works off the 2 switches and the remote does not...

How do I get separate switches for my ceiling fan/light [ 9 Answers ]

I would like to install separate switches to my ceiling fan/light. I have power coming into the switchbox and one 14-3 going up to the fan/light. Can I do it with this setup? Thanks

Connecting separate switches for a ceiling fan / light [ 5 Answers ]

I am wanting to put in separate switches to control the light and fan on my ceiling fixture. Is there any way to do this without using a dimmer type control?

Ceiling Fan Wiring for 2 separate switch locations [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning to install a ceiling fan that will have two location that will each control the fan and light. The rest of my ceiling fans have 12-2 wire providing power at the switch and a 12-3 three running from the 2-gang switch box to the fan. This should allow me to control the lights and fan...

Ceiling fan with light kit on separate switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently replaced a ceiling fan with light kit with a newer model. I hooked up the wires from the new fan/light to the same wires in the ceiling box that the old fan was hooked up to. There are two switches on the wall plate, one for the light and one for the fan. When I hooked up the new...

View more questions Search