Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markjcivic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
    Is it hard to change ecu and key code box in my 96 1.4 civic? Lost my key
    Is it hard to change ecu and key code box in my 1.4 1996 honda civic , and it has an immobilizer what's really the best way to start my car immedietly
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Because of the immobilizer, I would get your current ECM remanufactured. There are outfits that specialize in it. As far as removing and replacing the ECM, it's not hard at all. Here's what's involved:

Engine Control Module (ECM) Replacement

1. Disconnect negative battery cable, after recording radio codes.

2. Remove right door sill molding, pull carpet back, and expose ECM.

3. Remove three 10mm bolts and one 10mm nut securing ECM cover.

4. Separate ECM cover from harness carefully.

5. Press connector release, going to connectors A, B, and D, and carefully pry connectors from ECM, using a small screwdriver.

6. Spray connectors with WD-40, plug connectors into new ECM, and button things up.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 25, 2012, 12:01 PM
    I know a company that can assist with your ecu repair. :cool:
    They provide technical support along with the repair.
    Fast shipping and a warranty, too!
    blackhatch620 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2012, 03:14 PM
    The ecu to your honda should be on the floorboard in the passengers feet area if you pull the rug back you will see it bolted to the floor remove the four nuts the hold it down and remove the three connectors connected to the ecu and its free to remove

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 2007 shortcut key swaped & Up/Down key not working in edit mode [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Recently I started using excel 2007. From last week I am faceing following problem Problem No. 1 Home and Ctr+Home have been swapped e.g. If I am in Cell D6 then by pressing Home I should go to A6 but now it takes me to A1 and if I press Ctr+Home then it should take me to A1 but...

About toyota rav 4 ecu and key immobilizer [ 2 Answers ]

I bougth an ecu to the same dealer of my toyota rav manual trans 2005 because of the flood that affects are country last year. Now after replacing all junction box the white one under the dashboard as per advice by their technician still my car doesn't work it just crank and start and few seconds...

Lost ignition key 2002 honda civic [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost the only key to my Honda civic. The door was open but we cannot start the car. The dealer wants $ 250.00 to come get my car and make me a new key. I know I'm dumb but is there a better way? :( Thank You, James

Lost honda civic only key [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost only key to my 1997 honda civic 2.0td there is a number on top of the ignition barrel c56705 would this be the key number A local garage said they could bypass immobiliser as I do not have red key to reprogram new key would bypassing immobiliser have any effect on the performance of...

While installing windows xp My key board f8 key not working to accept the agreement [ 2 Answers ]

While installing windows xp My key board f8 key not working to accept the agreement abd I don't have other key board any other solutions

View more questions Search