Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aqua_Avenger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Goldfish on the bottom of a tank.
    In the past couple of days, our goldfish has been acting weird. It's area underneath it front fins has swelled. I looked up Swim Bladder Disease and Constipated Gold fish and it does not appear to be the problem as they are not swimming upside down. We introduced a new fish(scavenger) about two weeks ago and it died. Since then the fish has become bloated and is hanging out on the bottom of the tank. What might the issue be? We think that it might becoming sexed as it is aobut 1 to 2 years old. It looks healthy otherwise. What should we do?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2012, 07:07 AM
    Did you quarantine the new fish before adding it to the tank? It's possible the new fish brought a nasty into the tank and has infected your goldfish.
    The scavenger may well have been sickly for some time before you purchased it and the stress of coming home caused it to die.

Is the goldfish still eating? Once a fish stops eating you know you are in real trouble, but if he is still eating fine then it might be worth taking some photos and taking them into an aquarium store (not a regular pet store as they won't know jack).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goldfish tank pump [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what size pump I need for a 420 litre fish tank:confused:i have had the tank for over a year and have recently moved to acreage and tank water my fish are gasping for oxygen and the filter is constantly black what can I do to help my fish

My goldfish is always at the bottom on the tank and has black spots [ 2 Answers ]

I have four goldfish in my tank and one of them always is at the bottom of it and I think its tail is broken or something because once he got stuck in the filter

Air bubbles in my goldfish tank [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small hexagon tank for my 2 goldfish, it has a filter that pumps out small air bubbles into the tank, the tank is around 15 litres. I am worried because there seems to be a lot of air bubbles in the tank, will this harm my fish?

I have two goldfish fish, staying at the bottom of the tank [ 1 Answers ]

Actually, maybe I should say that I have two goldfishes. One lionheaded and one silver, much smaller than the other one. The little one doesn't seem to have any symptoms, only that he is keeping compay to the big one, on the bottom of the tank (which I had also observed as something wrong, they are...

Why my goldfish kept on lying on the bottom of the aqurium? The other fish swims? [ 14 Answers ]

I bought my 2 goldfish in October 2007, but why one moves and now the other lie at the bottom? I hope is not in danger! It have a 1 black spot at the breahting place well only a tiny one and 2 on the body I know is not icks it couldn't be. I never saw a fish with icks before but the appearance...

View more questions Search