Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    river4d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Jesus as God
    I always believed that Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit were one entiity. If Jesus is God, why do we need Him to intercede on our behalf to God? See Hebrews 7: 23-24 "Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them." This is the passage which we were studying in our Bible Study tonight.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jan 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
    Jesus was a mortal. He cannot be God. He was born supposedly as the son of God. God is not mortal. God is spiritual.
    indya Posts: 357, Reputation: 58

Jan 25, 2012, 12:32 AM
    Yes Jesus is God, and Jesus is Man too. You must first understand the duality of Jesus, human and divine.

Yes He intercedes for us, to God the Almighty Father, because He is a separate person of the Holy Trinity. He is the Alpha and Omega, he was before the world began... How can a mortal be present at creation?

Try this verse:
    “…He who has seen Me has seen the Father.” (John 14:9)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2012, 07:41 AM
    river4d,

You answered your own question sort of. Jesus intercedes for us because he is our High Priest and that is what a High Priest does.

Jesus IS God. We get a picture of the trinity when Jesus is baptised. Jesus is in the Jordan river, God opens the heavens and says... "this is my beloved son" and the Holy Spirit descends down on Him like a dove. Father, Son, Holy Spirit. One God in three persons.
    graceyj20 Posts: 26, Reputation: 10

Jan 28, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Great question. Consider this passage as well.

"5 So he brought him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the inhabited earth in an instant of time; 6 and the Devil said to him: “I will give you all this authority and the glory of them, because it has been delivered to me, and to whomever I wish I give it. 7 You, therefore, if you do an act of worship before me, it will all be yours.” 8 In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, 'It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." - Luke 4 5-8, NWT

Was Jesus's response suggestive that he is god or rather that he was following a commandment from his god?

Regarding John 14:9, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father", if Jesus Gods' son & has spend countless time with his father, then no doubt he would act much as his father would. It would make sense that God would send his son who has the same thoughts and values as he does as his representative to carry out Jesus's important tasks would it not?

I encourage you to continue reading your bible and continue meditating on what your reading as you clearly are already.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Let us look at air, the air we breath. We need the Oxygen but we also breathe in Nitrogen and also Argon with are all part of the air we breath in.

It appears just as air, and is in fact all in one, but at times separate and do separate things.

So it is with "GOD" first you are trying to judge and place God in a term you can understand. Please remember that what and how he is, most likely is too far advanced for us to understand.

How would you explain a car or a TV to a person living in 1100 or to someone in 300 BC. They could never understand and would have to try to compare it to something they understood.

God is made up of the Three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each having their own function.
    I am a Priest, a father to my children and a husband to my wife. Each position requires different functions, duties and more. ( not exactly the same, but attempt to show duties under one but separate)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Let us look at air, the air we breath. We need the Oxygen but we also breathe in Nitrogen and also Argon with are all part of the air we breath in.

It appears just as air, and is in fact all in one, but at times separate and do separate things.

So it is with "GOD" first you are trying to judge and place God in a term you can understand. Please remember that what and how he is, most likely is too far advanced for us to understand.

How would you explain a car or a TV to a person living in 1100 or to someone in 300 BC. They could never understand and would have to try to compare it to something they understood.

God is made up of the Three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each having their own function.
    I am a Priest, a father to my children and a husband to my wife. Each position requires different functions, duties and more. ( not exactly the same, but attempt to show duties under one but separate)
    bettybundy Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Jan 29, 2012, 01:26 AM
    First know that god does not lie. So when he says repeatedly 'i am one' , I believe him! When he says that a man and woman marry they become one, what is he saying? They should love like jesus love the father.Jesus was the first of god creations,then Jesus watched his father make the heavens,angels,earth,water,all. He was in awe of his dad. Dad is great.so,the father being a proud father, says son let us make man. Get it? So it was done though the love Jesus had for his father. Jesus wants it to be a good work. Now, the old test. Has blood offerings. God did away with that, because jesus came tobe the ultimate sacrifice. By accepting the fact that the son came to earth as man to die and shed blood to wash away our sins to all that accept him. God bless
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Bettybundy,

Jesus wasn't created. He was the Creator. In the beginning was the WORD and the Word was with God and the Word WAS GOD. John 1:1 the bible is a self defining book. If you read on John defines who the WORD is. John 1:14 the WORD was made flesh and dwelt among us.
    bettybundy Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Jan 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
    AMEN
    samdarwen Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Good question even when I disagree with our senior members about this subject
    God and Jesus Christ are not the same. Cannot be the same and by the way; in nowhere in holy Bible Jesus claimed to be God, he actually called him his God, his Father, Savior and many other Godly names, so, 300 years after Jesus Christ was resurrected, a Roman King Constantine the great whom was a super smart man and strong ambition. He feared Christianity taking over Rom and its glorious history, replacing all their mighty Gods with this one God of Jesus the son of God.
    He decided and planned for his next move to unite his country which was two at the time by planning one of the most fictionist plans when he woke up one day and called his people around him to tell them about a dream he has saying that a war is coming which Tetrarch, a system by which four emperors ruled the Roman empire. It was also important because on one night of the battle, Constantine claimed that he had a vision from God knowing that he did was not a Christian nor he was a believer
    It is commonly stated that on the evening of October 27, with the armies preparing for battle, Constantine claimed that he had a vision that lead him to fight under the protection of the Christian God. The details of that vision, however, differ between the sources reporting it. It is believed that the sign of the cross appeared and Constantine heard In this sign, you shall conquer in Greek, and others claimed that he saw a window into heaven and talked with Jesus Christ who told him a about a war in heaven between the angels and about many other mixed Greek mythologies and Christianity. Now no one knew how true that was but because they believed in the victorious Constantine, many people followed him and that when Catholicism started, however; Constantine died very young and when dying, he refused a Catholic Priest in his presence and asked for a Christian one (At the time called the Messiahs followers or the Nazarenes)
    It also said that his mother; Queen Helena, corrected and fixed lots of information her son supplied the new faith with and because of her, Catholicism became one of the strongest religions in history of mankind. Her devoted life was for this faith.
    Too much to discuss in this subject and many people to even think about it but it is our human nature, each one of us is correct and everyone else is wrong because that is what we believe and we cannot be wrong for this is what we taught for years and years.
    If you are an open minded then you might see behind the extreme and actually see things from a different corner
    Hopefully this helps

Sam

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did Jesus Ever Say He was God? [ 252 Answers ]

:confused: Is Jesus Christ God? Investigate these interesting claims... The earliest followers of Jesus all seemed pretty convinced that Jesus was fully God in human form. Paul said, "He is the image of the invisible God...in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell." John said...

There never was a Jesus? God? [ 165 Answers ]

I'm an atheist and have been since I was very young. I always had a great argument due to being brought up in a religious home, but never had the answer as to how religion came into play. My friend brought this video over to my house and it seemed a little boring at first, then about ten minutes...

Did Jesus ever say he was God? [ 33 Answers ]

Hi! Simple question: Did Jesus ever say he was God? Thank you!

Are Jesus and God the same? [ 43 Answers ]

I have learned that Jesus is God's son but I have also seen where people talk about God and Jesus as if they were the same person. Does it depend on the religion?

Jesus and God [ 12 Answers ]

1 John 2:1 MY little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: An advocate is someone who pleads another's case before a judge, in this case God. I remembered this verse two days ago and...

View more questions Search