Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJ2230 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Kinetic Energy
    A 1kg ball is hitting the ground with 850 Joules of kinetic energy. How high will it bounce?
    Aurora2000 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Jan 25, 2012, 02:38 AM
    The ball has 850J of kinetic energy, thus it converts all this energy into potential energy when boucing back. The potential energy at height h is mgh (m is the mass, here 1kg, g the gravitational acceleration) and solve

with problem's data.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kinetic energy and Potential energy [ 25 Answers ]

Vehicle with a weight 2.8 ton Slowing from 100 km/h to 50Kkm/h how much energy can was generate from this Slowing. (if we Ignore form friction ) and to which Height this energy was can Climb up the Vehicle Up the hill I convert the ton to Kg is gave me 2800Kg and the km/h to meter per second ...

What is its kinetic energy [ 1 Answers ]

A body mass of 88kg is moving at a velocity of 13.89m/s. What is its kinetic energy?

Importance of Kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation [ 0 Answers ]

What's the importance of kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation

Explain with the revelance, the importance of Kinetic and potential energy in energy [ 1 Answers ]

Explain with the relevance, the importance of kinetic and potential energy in energy reactivation

Kinetic energy [ 3 Answers ]

a 5kg rock is dropped from a height of 92m. What is the kinetic energy when the rock is 40m from the ground? I know that the formula is kinetic energy=1/2mv(squared) but I don't have the time so how would I find the speed, v?

View more questions Search