Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myrtlelinda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
    Adult children
    Who won't grow up, get a job, jump into things and give up, blamng everyone else
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Yep they are a pain, so what is your question? I will assume you don't let them live at home and do nothing?

So you kick them out and let them find out about the real world.
    myrtlelinda Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
    I tiptoe around her and yes - she pretty much does nothing around the house, I have to ask her to do anything and she will do it only if it fits within her time schedule or if it is fun or if she is not too sick to do it.
    Several years ago, she was on her own - she later told me she was living in her car. She doesn't havea car anymore it was hit by another vehicle and was totaled. She now uses my car (but does ask permission to use it). How can I kick her out if she has no place to live, no job and no way to get food?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 23, 2012, 05:35 PM
    Give her a thirty day notice in writing and be willing to enforce it. You have to learn to say NO, and give them some very tough love! Or she will keep sitting there like your word means NOTHING!

Not you fault she has no where to go!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult children [ 5 Answers ]

This may well be the most insane question ever posed. Nonetheless, I shall ask. Is there any way that a parent can legally separate from an adult child? My 29 year old daughter has brought immense sorrow and destruction to the entire family. She is deceitful and malicious. I want nothing more...

1. The capacity of an elevator is either 20 children or 15 adult. If 12 children are [ 3 Answers ]

1. The capacity of an elevator is either 20 children or 15 adult. If 12 children are currently in the elevator, how many adults can still get in?

Adult children [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I am 68 years old and have taken care of two adult mentally challenged men in my home for the past 11 years. They are both very sweet and independent and can verbally communicate with others. They love my family and my children especially. . I have three daughters ,They are all over the...

Adult children [ 6 Answers ]

How do I evict my 25 year old daughter

View more questions Search