Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taylork314 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 09:47 AM
    PEth test length of detection
    If I drank 10 drinks every Friday for several months but don't drink any otherday and have not drank in 9 days will this show up on a PEth test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Probably so. Phosphatidylethanol (PEth) has been investigated for a number of years as a biomarker of alcohol consumption (1). EtG proponents recommend it as a complementary test (3, 4).

PEth is a blood test and is present only following heavy or frequent consumption of alcohol, 7 drinks or more within a 7 day period according to most estimates.

However, it is detectable for about 14 days after no alcohol intake. (3, 4)

I'm aware of one major testing lab that began offering PEth tests in 2010 but haven't heard anything more about actual use of the test.

Where are you being tested? (I'm interested in type of agency doing testing, i.e. treatment, etc)

1) Wurst, 2002
    2) Aradottier, 2006
    3) Skipper (EtG blog)
    4) Hartmann, 2007
    Taylork314 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Concentra labs in Texas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Longest detection time for a urine EtG test? [ 33 Answers ]

I have been drinking for weeks and it has been 6 days that I haven't had any alcohol.Friday night was my last night of drinking and I had an EtG test done on Thursday afternoon,days before the test I drank plenty of water and urinated a lot all 6 days before the test.When I was drinking I would...

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is more than 1/2 the length,length=? Widt [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is 2m more than 1/2 the length, what is the length and width of the pool?

Converting Slope arc Length to Flat Arc Length [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Given parameters are:- Slope arc length Angle on Slope

Drug test, detection times. [ 2 Answers ]

I was having very bad aches and pains from a cold this weekend so I asked smoeone at work for a painkiller on Sunday to help me get through the day, I assumed they would give me a tylenol or aspirin or something but I found out later that they gave me 2 vicodins instead of 2 non prescrip things......

View more questions Search