Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelsflyhigh Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Mathematics- Proportion
    This is another proportion question that I am having trouble with. Whoever can solve it, if you could please send me the steps you used to do so that would be great! Thanks for your help :)

After Christmas holidays you decided to purchase a 24‐week gym
    Membership at Average Joe's for $300. If refunds are prorated, how much
    Money could you expect back if you cancelled your subscription after 10
    Weeks?
    corrigan Posts: 115, Reputation: 18

Jan 22, 2012, 08:14 PM
    take the ten weeks and subtract it from the total number of weeks, so 14 is the number of weeks that you have left. So take the number of weeks that you have left, and divide it by 24 weeks. So you have of the membership left. So take this fraction and multiply it by the cost of the full 24 weeks, and you have

I hope this helps :)

Feb 17, 2012, 07:18 PM
    Thank you!

Feb 17, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Thank you for your help. It was greatly appreciated :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proportion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am having trouble with this proportion question. If you can solve it please send me the steps you used to do so… would be greatly appreciated. :) You and your two friends, Jim and Susan have decided to open a business. You Contribute $24 00 to the start-up, while Jim and Susan...

Am I blowing this out of proportion? [ 3 Answers ]

Bare with me here :) I had a friend, "Sara" and fell madly in love with another one of my friends, "Zack". Well after months and months of Sara being in love with Zack, he finally asked her out. And she's on cloud nine for the next few weeks. Then Zack drops a bomb on her, and then dumps her not...

Statistics Proportion [ 1 Answers ]

Information on previous textbooks published indicates that 10% are huge successes, 20% are modest successes, 40% break even, and 30% lost money. However, before a publishing decision is made, the book will be reviewed. In the past, 99% of the huge successes received favorable reviews, 70% of the...

Population proportion [ 1 Answers ]

In a sample of 50 mice, a biologist found that 46% were able to run a maze in 30 seconds or less. Find the 90% limit for the population proportion of mice who can run that maze in 30 seconds or less.

Proportion example [ 2 Answers ]

What Is One Of The Extremes In Proportion 2:16::1:8?

View more questions Search