Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Braciole recipe
    I find all sorts of braciole recipes on line but can't find one which sounds like what my husband's family makes. His sisters guard the family recipe like it's gold - and maybe it is.

"Their" braciole contains hard boiled eggs and proscuitto.

Anyone have a tried and true recipe (as I sit here with 2 pounds of thinly pounded steak, a pound of proscuitto, expensive grated cheese and hard boiled eggs)?

(I've already made the sauce.)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Okay Judy here is what you do, the sauce is the catalyst.

Assuming you are using flank steak already pounded out so is quite flat Nd thin, right? Place that meat on a long piece of Saran wrap on flat surface and layer all ingredients onto it one at a time, slice hard boiled eggs, when this is done roll up very carefully, use tooth picks to keep it in place, place in a greased pan, cover with sauce and bake at 350 for an hour.

Call me if you need back up. See pm for number

Annie
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2012, 09:22 AM
    "Tick," it was a BIG success. Very tender and exactly the way my husband's mother made it. That's a big compliment.

You'll enjoy this - it was SO good that the sister-in-law who wouldn't give me the family recipe got snippy with me. Smirk.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Glad to hear it ! It is just like making rouladine, individual roll ups made with pounded flank steak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A recipe needs 1/4 tablespoon salt. How much salt does 8 such recipe needs? [ 1 Answers ]

A recipe needs 1/4 tablespoon salt. How much salt does 8 such recipe needs?

Need recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the early 70's I frequented a restaurant in San Francisco called "The Hippopatamus Burger". They had a desert that was to die for. It consisted of a battered deep fried banana section with a dip or two of vanilla ice cream and a sauce poured over the top. The sauce was the key...

Bero recipe [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to find a recipe from the bero cookbook. It is for a courgette and pepper cobbler. Anyone help?

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

View more questions Search