Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rghaven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
    How to remove a donut from cast iron pipe
    I'm doing some bathroom remodeling and need to move some drain lines, I have cast iron drain lines that are connected at the hubs with donuts, how do I remove the old drain pipes and donuts so I can replace them? I will probably go back with PVC pipe.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 21, 2012, 10:07 AM
    I will probably go back with PVC pipe.
    If you're not going to use the old cast iron pipes simply break the hub with a hammer. Another way would be to simply pry the rubber out. Let us know if we can help with your remodel. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best way to remove a clog in a cast iron pipe [ 4 Answers ]

The clog is somewhere underneath the house in the cast iron pipe.

How to remove a nut from a cast iron pipe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bath sink drain that tied into the cast iron vent pipe. The 1.5" lead pipe broke right at the point it tied into the vent pipe and it looks like a fitting that just screws into the vent pipe. I cannot get that loose. Any ideas on how to do that? Another option I was considering... can...

How do I remove cemented pvc pipe from cast iron hub? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am doing a bathroom remodel and this includes moving the toilet to the opposite side of the soil stack from where it is now. I have read all about using Fernco donut etc. to install a new PVC pipe into my cast iron hub but the problem I have is that the current PCV pipe that is attached...

Remove PVC pipe from cast iron [ 2 Answers ]

I have an AC condensation drain pipe that is cloged with too many elbos to snake. I need to remove the PVC pipe from the cast iron nipple that comes out of the Air Conditioner. How can I do this with out breaking the PVC?

Sealing with cast iron hub donut? [ 10 Answers ]

Following the sage advice found on this site in other postings, I managed to remove the misshapen, rusted waste pipe that went from my downstairs toilet to the horizontal main line (cast iron). So now I have a cleaned out bell and test fitted a neoprene donut from Lowe's (4" to 3") and plan on...

View more questions Search