Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poet31 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2012, 09:25 AM
    What can a person do if they still haven't gotten health insurance from employer?
    The person works in the state of New Jersey. They have been working at their current job for four months. They passed the probationary period for health insurance benefits, but still have not received the benefits from employer. Is it legal for an employer to do this? What are the options this person can take?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2012, 09:54 AM
    If the employer has a plan to provide coverage, then they are entitled according to the rules established by the company. The employee should have gotten a handbook when they started explaining eligibility. If they aren't getting what they are entitled to, they should talk to HR.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Excuse me but what about my answer was not helpful? It answered all the questions asked accurately.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Well Scott you did not tell them they had the right to sue them and get millions of dollars.

But yes, often after probation you can not start till the first full month following the end of probation, not the next day.

So exact dates would be needed.

Next we will have to assume they offer health insurance.
    We have to assume that when they where hired, they filled out the paper work for health insurance. Even though it does not start will after probation, normally you always fill it out when you are hired.

We will also have to assume that the company meet with the employee gave them the probation review.

So if the employee did everything they were suppose to do,
    The employee just asks HR when they can start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer asking person health question is it violating hippa laws [ 4 Answers ]

Hippa Law Do your employer have the right to ask you What was wrong with you while you was out sick? Because I refuse to answer I was suspended. I did have a Dr.s excuse for the days off.

Can a person who works two jobs have health insurance at both locations [ 1 Answers ]

Can a person who works two jobs, have health insurance coverage at both of those employers?

Over 65's forced out of employer health insurance.. OK? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a church employer require all church staff over 65 years of age to leave the medical insurance plan for the purpose of reducing the cost of insurance for the younger pool of workers? We're offered cash reimbursement for Plan D drug expenses in exchange.

Employer provided health insurance and preexisting conditions [ 3 Answers ]

If an employee with a preexisting condition is terminated and selects to take COBRA coverage until he/she finds a new job, will there a be a problem getting coverage under the new employer's plan due to the preexisting condition?

Health insurance - will current employer cover surgery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, This question may seem silly, but I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I am going to have surgery to repair a torn acl. The surgery is probably going to occur on July 18th. My final day of employment at my current job could be July 27th. I am assuming that my...

View more questions Search