Ask
    Adil_osman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 12:41 AM
    How to make payroll in access?
    How to make payroll in access?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Why recreate the wheel? There are a number of good payroll apps out there that are not very expensive. Some banks include a payroll service for business banking customers.

If you really want to do it in Access, you will need several tables. An employee table for info about each employee, a payroll table for info about each paycheck (employee, pay date, pay period, etc.) and a items table which records all the amounts (mostly deductions) that are included in the paycheck. In addition, you will need look up tables for deductions and rate tables for withholding rates.

Once you have your table structure, you will need to create forms to generate each paycheck. Much of the paycheck can be automated, but, especially if you are dealing with hourly, non-exempt employees, you will have to enter hours worked to calculate pay for the period.

Your question is really too broad for a definitive answer so this is just a broad overview to get you started.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to create payroll system in Microsoft access [ 1 Answers ]

I have created a payroll system using Microsoft access 2003. I just want to ask on how do I automatically compute the SSS contribution, withholding tax automatically when I select the field ?SSS used bracket to know the contribution same thing with withholding tax.

Access is denied. Make Sure the disk is etc. [ 0 Answers ]

Put a cd-rw disk in my CD-Rom drive which is a read/write drive and I can't write to it. I get the following message: I have a DELL Dimension. It is thre years old... Access is denied: Make sure the disk is not full or write protected. That's it.. Can any help me. Thank you.

View more questions Search