Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddechant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 02:54 PM
    501c3 Booster club Issue
    On a recent trip out of town the hotel had issues and put 16 of the members of the Booster club which is a 501c3 into another hotel. The hotel compensated those 16 by paying for one night at the other hotel. However the booster club was supposed to pay one night for all members. The booster club got their money back for the 16 members that did not stay at the original hotel. The booster club states that since the members did not pay for the one night because the hotel paid. They they are not responsible for paying for one night at the hotal. Now at just about every meeting I keep hearing that no member can be excluded from a benefit, if one member get the benefit all member get the same benefit. Is the booster club responsible for paying the 16 members that had to relocate to another hotel the hotel charges for one night.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
    There is no law that says that the club has to do anything. They can argue that the cost of the one night's stay was $0, so that's all they need to pay. However, in fairness I would argue that whether the should pay as a point of fairness depends on the circumstance: if the event that the members were attending required only one night stay, then no - the club should not reimburse for something that cost the 16 people nothing. But if the event required 2 or more nights, then the club should reimburse for one of those additional nights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking for a song that goes like 'all we do is club meet me at the club' [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a club song that goes like... (guy) 'all we do is clubbin see you at the club' then a girl sings... let's go to the club

Babysitters club or the baby-sitter's club? [ 1 Answers ]

I say the movie Babysitters Club made in 1995. Then I saw there was a movie called The Baby-sitters club made in 1995. One has a different actress but I havvent seen it. I only saw the one without THE and the hyphen. Doe anyone know the difference?

View more questions Search