Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikePhillips Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 11:39 AM
    Gas furnace blows warm air then starts blowing cold air?
    Gas furnace blows warm air 1st half of running time then 2nd half starts blowing cold air?
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Jan 20, 2012, 01:24 PM
    Mine does the same thing. It could be that what you're noticing is the fan pushing the last of the hot air out of the furnace and the duct work after the burner has finished producing what your thermostat asked for in the way of heat. It always runs for a minute or so after the burner has shut off. The first time I heard it, I got as upset as you are, called the repair guy, and was totally embarrassed when he explained there was nothing wrong.

On the other hand, when I caught it running without producing heat for long periods, that turned out to be a leak in the gas line valve outside the house, and I had to have the company fix it. Listen to it carefully, and if it's truly running for a very long time (more than a minute by the clock) without producing heat, then call and have it checked.
    SeattlePioneer Posts: 97, Reputation: 9

Jan 20, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Take the cover off the burner compartment of the furnace. Obtain the make and model of the furnace off the rating plate in the burner compartment and post it here.

How long does the furnace fan continue to run after the burners shut off. Use a watch to measure the time.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
    Seattle is heading in the right direction so try to answer his questions. I run my blower 24/7/365 and it helps keep all levels of the home a more uniform temp using only slightly my electrcity than having my tstat set on AUTO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace blows out one side warm air, other side cold air. [ 3 Answers ]

Suuply air from gas furnace is one side warm and other side is cold. Gas front side is cold, rear side is OK. What problem could it be? Thanks.

Warm air blows when furnace is on, cold air does not blow through vent when A/C runs [ 1 Answers ]

When the furnace (forced air gas) is on, warm air blows from all the vents. When the central air conditioner is on in the summer, the vent in one of the bedrooms does not blow cool air. Why?

My electric furnace blows cold air ~ 60 seconds before putting out barely warm air. A [ 1 Answers ]

My electric furnace blows cold air ~ 60 seconds before putting out barely warm air. Any ideas on how to fix this? Does it need a delay? How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Jay

My electric furnace blows cold air ~ 60 seconds before putting out barely warm air. A [ 0 Answers ]

My electric furnace blows cold air ~ 60 seconds before putting out barely warm air. Any ideas on how to fix this? Does it need a delay? How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Jay

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

View more questions Search