Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamwam11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM
    If my husbands name is not on the house title can I kick him out?
    My father is on the house title with me. My husband has been having violent episodes. I have a young daughter. Can I legally kick him out if his name is not on the house title?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 11:10 AM
    You can not just kick him out. And in most areas you can not even evict him since you are married. You can file for divorce and ask the divorce court to have him removed.

Also if he is violent, are you calling the police ( if no, why?) but after you have proof of his danger you can try to get a order of protection which will force him to leave the house.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Absolutely agree with FrChuck - if he is violent and a danger you don't need to get him out of the house. You need to get him away from you.

That's what protective orders are for. Get an order keeping him from getting within X feet of you and he will technically be forced out of your home.

The house appears to be 50% yours and 50% his. If you decide to divorce the Court will decide where that ownership line should be drawn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my boyfriend kick me out if his house [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend tells me he can kick me out if he wants to. I want to know if he can?we have been living together for a year with are two year old. We live in an apartment right now but he is buying a house and it will be in his name. He claimed me and are son on his taxes someone told me that means...

Kick out from the house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is lorena I have two children with my husband we are not a happy a couple he drinks a lot and always tells me to leave the house we don't own the property we are leasing the property what should I a do I am a house wife with no where to go.

House Title in husbands name, Florida [ 6 Answers ]

Married 11 yrs. In Florida, how is the house "distributed" between us in a divorce? He had the house 5 yrs before we were married. Only his name is on the title. Florida is "equitable distribution" state. It is paid for, with exception of Home Equity Loan of $30K. Do I have any rights...

Husbands name not on house [ 1 Answers ]

I am recently married and live in my husbands home and we are trying to sell my home. It has been on the market for over a year and we just have had no luck selling it. My husbands name is NOT on the loan so if I have to foreclose on it will that effect his credit?

View more questions Search