Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rizwams85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Ps2 card is not formating
    I bought new ps2. I inserted the memory card and game and start the ps2. When the game started an error appears saying "your card is not formatted, formate it (yes or no)". I press yes and it gives an error saying "format failed". I remove the game and go to PS2 browser, select memory card and it gives the same message "your card is not formatted, formate it (yes or no)". I pressed yes but again "format failed" error appears. Can any one help me in this regards?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2012, 06:19 AM
    It could be a bad memory card or a memory card slot. Try the other slot and see if you have the same problem. If so, I would try a new memory card and see what happens.
    red comet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 05:57 PM
    I found a very easy way to format a corrupted memory card. Just insert GTA vice city and go into the menu and save a new game, you will be prompted with a message "memory card in ps2 slot 1 is not formatted, would you like to format it now?' then just select Yes, and your done!! When you go to the ps2 directory manager after reboot, you'll be able to view your memory card. Its already clean and empty! Thanks Rockstar!!
    red comet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2012, 06:11 PM
    By the way if you try to format using gta vice city game menu and it still says format failed, take out the memory card. Spray the metal contact points inside it with alcohol cleaner and wait for it to dry 2-3 minutes, then insert it again. If it still doesn't work, your memory card has gone bye-bye.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corrupted PS2 memory card [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a PS2 and my memory card said it was corrupted. I went on and tried to delete the corrupted files but it won't let me!! What do I do??

Corrupted Ps2 memory card [ 8 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know how to format a ps2 memory card. I need to erase everything from my card. The problem is that it has a 3.5 mg of corrupted data which I can't delete. That's almost half the memory space. The corrupted data is from action replay. I sent them an email but they did not...

Ps2 memory card [ 2 Answers ]

How can I format my ps2 memory card. Every time I tried to save on it it said that saving failed, I tried to see what kind of data it contains there was message that there is no data

PS2 memory card corruption or console? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, everyone. I'm a first time user. I recently bought a used PS2 and memory card from gamestop so my son can learn how to play. I can't save anything because it says not enough memory, so I tried to delete files off the memory card, but the memory card manager isn't even showing up on the main...

View more questions Search