Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    premji555 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 10:04 AM
    About setting up an American Bank Account.
    I am an Indian and my employer is a US company.For the payment they asked me to set up an American Bank account.But I don't know anything about that.Please help me to do the same by clearing my doubts...

A)which are the banks come under that category?

B)what are the requisites needed to start such an account by considering that I am an Indian?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
    If you have a social insurance number you can approach any bank to set up a bank account in the US. Do you need a list of who these banks are?

They want you to open an account in a bank because they are probably making automatic deposits of your salary cheques.

I am sure your employer will help you further if you ask them questions; they will also direct you in your community.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Are you physically living in the US or in India?

Have you checked to see if any of the Banks are International with Banks in US and India?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

How can I get my $10,000 from nationsbank/bank american. Can't find my account # [ 2 Answers ]

I had all my money into a savings and they said it was in the checking and went dormant 3 months 2-4-95 I deposited my southwestern bell backpay check. I tried getting the account from sbc and they renig. Bank of american converse all my money and left it at 0 balance. They are a liar. I am...

Is bank account a real type of account or personal account [ 2 Answers ]

Types of account are three types that is real account,nominal account and personal account.I need to know, is bank account a real account or personal nature. Please also need to know about type of accountprovision for bad debt and provision for taxation

Transfer money from a foreign bank to an american bank [ 2 Answers ]

I am a student in California. I have a bank account in England. I want to transfer that money to my Bank of Ameica account. How do I do that without going back to England?

Setting up a direct debit between bank account an ISA? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys. I need to start saving some cash so I've been trying to figure out if I can set up a direct debit between my HSBC account and an ISA, can anyone tell me if and how to do this? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search