Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwallace Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
    What are some potential problems with filling vacanies through lottery
    Staffing Process- filling vacancies on a lottery basis from among job applicants.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2012, 08:53 AM
    You end up with a misplaced or unsuitable applicant.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Jan 19, 2012, 02:19 PM
    Well if you have a group of applicants and do a lottery to pick your employees odds are you're going to have at least one under-qualified person selected. A lottery does not select based on merit, work experience, or dedication, it selects by chance. By interviewing an applicant you can at least measure their sociability and gauge what they know about the position and its responsibilities. Interviews also help because as the employer they help you determine if that person is going to fit in well at the office or if they're going to be a royal pain in the behind. Even reviewing applications is helpful as you can determine a persons level of education and qualifications.
    I think if you're going to do a lottery its best to first weed out those applicants who are the least qualified so at least your odds of selecting a good candidate are increased.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DV lottery [ 0 Answers ]

I am a 3rd year MBBS student of Bangladesh.it needs 3 years more to complete the course here.But I have won DV lottery 2011.Is it possible to go to USA after completing my course by my current DV?

Lottery [ 33 Answers ]

Alty the Great... What are the lottery numbers for Saturday? PowerBall? Will I ever get to go Paris with my husband?

Having problems with my toilet not filling itself [ 4 Answers ]

I replace all the parts inside my tank and when I flush the stool it don't fill up half the time but sometimes it does.

What are the top 10 potential problems with a new dishwasher? [ 3 Answers ]

I am writing a research article and would like help in answering the following 3 part question: What are the top 10 potential problems with a new dishwasher, the corresponding cause(s) of the problem and estimated cost to repair?

Filling Chapter 7 - secured debt was sold - any problems? [ 3 Answers ]

I know somebody who is about to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy and they owe about 5K on furniture they bought a year ago. Now they are selling the furniture and they plan to file Chapter 7 in a month or so. I'm guessing they plan to use the money to pay their lawyer, but this is just a guess. BTW,...

View more questions Search