Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natalija Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Background check
    Hello

I am natalija. Have a record of shoplifting and received provincial offence notice, and I plead guilty and paid the 500 Dollars, but should not appear in the court.
    Now I got a job offer from the private company but according to them ( a private and a very company) "once you have successfully met the reference and background check requirements, your offer of employment is confirmed and you may resign from your current role."

So I am scared, what if it shows in the police (provincial records), what if they just go and find out the civil records which my name must be in the police office, since I was arrested and also have a provincial offence notice that I plead guilty and it is almost fresh record a few Months ago

I live in Canada? Any one can help me?

Thanks
    natalija
    natalija Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Hello
    Some one said that said that "The police background check only shows convictions from court, the public will not even see an arrest if there is no conviction."
    I was arrested since police came to store and gave me a ticket, I did not appear in the court but in the ticket I plead guilty.
    My name will be in the background check?

Thanks
    Natalija
    c___l Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Hi there,

Just wondering since I'm in a similar situation to you right now, what was the outcome of this background check? It'd be great to get some answers and ideas as to what I shouild be expecting.

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check on School History [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have a question, I have applied for another position at my job as a Supervisor. My high Shool Diploma is gone and I do not have duplicate. The high Shool that I went to is no longer around. (CLOSED) So how can Human Resource retrieve this information that they need. I have been in my...

Background check; concerned... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, For the past year I have worked in HR as an assistant. I graduated from college last year. (05) Recently I applied for a position at a big company, and rec'd the offer for a recruiting coordinator. I accepted the offer and I have about 2 weeks until I start. The company is VERY thorough...

Background check interfere with jobs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going through school to become a surgical tech.and wonder about past crimminal backgroun,about 10 yrs,ago, will affect my chances in job placements??

View more questions Search