Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ver0nica Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2012, 01:53 AM
    How SOPA Censorship will Esentially Kill the Internet?
    Do you guys think that is what will happen

I think its either a new SOPA net or the Internet.

Because the Internet means freedom to share stuff for the longest while.

But SOPA means the white house will filter everything through the ISP. Right?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 19, 2012, 01:56 AM
    The chances of it becoming law are reducing by the day: BBC News - Support wanes in US Congress for anti-piracy bill

But SOPA means the white house will filter everything through the ISP. Right?
    Worse, A LOT worse..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 19, 2012, 04:24 AM
    The problem with SOPA and PIPA is that they put the issue of enforcement in the wrong place. It will put the issue on the ISPs which will go the route of if there is a question then block so as not to be found guilty of allowing pirated content.

But there does need to be something done (though this is not it) and if something draconian IS done, the blame falls squarely on the people who have abused the system for so long.

The Internet was never intended to be a way for people to cheat owners of intellectual property out of their rights to that property. It is those that have done so that have caused laws like these to even be considered.

In my opinion, what needs to happen is more secure access to the Net. We need to be able to identify (through court order) who accesses the Net and what they do on it. So, that illegal activities can be tracked and the perpetrators prosecuted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AMHD protest of SOPA and PIPA [ 6 Answers ]

Well done AMHD... you are on the right side of this issue. S 968 and it's House version H.R. 3261 are disguised as a measure to stop online piracy. But there are already plenty of laws on the books to protect copyrighted material on the Internet. This is an Internet takeover bill, pure and...

Sopa de fideo (or fidello) [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have the recipe? I know that I need the thin small pasta, fresh garlic, caldo de pollo, oil and tomato sauce... Am I missing anything?

View more questions Search