Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dirty_Harry Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Media player stops responding
    Whenever I load a video from the internet/play one from my PC it'll start the video then freeze and continue playing sound but media player will be 'not responding'.

When I 'end now' the PC either freezes completely or everything freezes apart from I can still move the mouse about, although can't click on anything.

So I have to power off and restart.

I uninstalled 11, which 'rolls it back' to the previous version (10).

Then re-installed 11 and it was all working fine for a while, then it started happening again and even with 10?

I've tried all the codecs and decoders people have recommended and others that I've found, I've reinstalled media player a few times and I've done a system restore- so far, absolutely nothing has worked. I've noticed real player was doing the same too.

Strange how it was fine for a while then started up again. :confused:

Feb 14, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Ok some progress, turning video acceleration down in the tools menu allows me to watch a file but when I change it to full screen it says media player has encountered an error and needs to close

Feb 15, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Seems to be happening with most media players when playing video.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

AOL media player [ 8 Answers ]

Help every time I try to play downloadable movies off sites AOL media player will come up and it won't let me use windows media player... does anyone know how to solve this problem or delete AOL media player... thanks

Windows Media Player [ 6 Answers ]

Currently have Media Player 6.4 What is the safest one to upgrade to for a PC with Win98 second edition on it? Also what is best site (without adware, spyware, etc included with your download) to obtain the update from?

Problems w/ Media Player [ 3 Answers ]

I have not been able to get Media Player to load radio stations. I have re-downloaded the program and run the changes as indicated. I still cannot download any radio stations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, CVGreg

Windows media player 9 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im using windows media player 9 on windows 98. Is there any way to clear the list of movies it has played that shows up when you press the file tab? Thank you :o

View more questions Search