Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

May 8, 2007, 08:28 AM
    How much do they give you for medicinal purposes? Are you taking more than prescribed? I didn't think they give you so much that you would be high all the time! Hahaha :) just curious! I don't know too much about that topic.

But everything still applies. People take pain killers prescribed, and that doesn't mean it is healthy for them... some become addicted... even when they take it as prescribed... tolerance is a terrible thing! :(

Anyway, tell me more about the medicinal pot please? Not to take away from the thread, it just might help us.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Hello Yelo: (I DO like saying that)

They don't GIVE me any. The law says that I may have a 60 day supply in my possession, but how I get it is up to me. I think a 60 day supply is around 138 pounds, don't you?

Am I taking more than prescribed?? Possibly!

excon
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

May 8, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Wow, that seems crazy to me... some people who are prescribed it don't go and get it themselves...
    And so yeah you are probably taking more... haha :)

Thanks for the info!
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

May 8, 2007, 08:48 AM
    There is a informative video out by Penn (from Penn & Teller) (I think its Penn, it's the big guy not the one that doesn't talk). It has a lot of information in it and Penn is pro pot apparently. It it mostly one sided in that video but it gives a LOT of information your will NEVER hear about from the government (Why it is illegal, what it does to you etc.. ). He talks about it in detail and its good to watch to learn. Btw, Penn doesn't smoke pot and never has yet still has his view point on it and I don't either (use to though). My friends smoke pot everyday, constantly, and even were dealers at a time. I do not in anyway support this though; But the only adverse affect that I have seen is slowed reaction while on the drug.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

May 9, 2007, 03:52 AM
    Quote... my boyfriend smokes weed, I don't know what to do? Should I get shut of him? Is there anyway it can damage my health through kissing, sex, etc. it worries me the more I think about it? End quote

With all the issues being brought up and with the pros and cons about smoking, please do not forget the real answer.
    It is against the law and while people who smoke pot are not all losers.. there is a potential for addiction here. Also you do not need the hassle of being arrested if you are with this B.F. when he is arrested.
    Find some one new and don't waste your life trying to solve this problem. Life is to short.
    quaint11 Posts: 55, Reputation: 6

May 9, 2007, 04:11 AM
    There is an abundance of misinformation about marijuana, and some of it has found its way to this page, but the bottomline is, for the majority of those who smoke weed, it is a lifestyle choice.

Anyone dating someone who smokes, should understand this because few "potheads" will change. Most will rather go through great lengths to hide their consumption, than to actually quit.

You have to decide whether it is a deal breaker for you, as mentioned by Talaniman.

But as for the health risks in dating someone who smokes... well, truth be told, your grocery bill increasing is about the only "real" danger you face. ;-)

Research it so you know the truth for yourself. Only then can you make an informed decision.

May 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello Yelo: (I DO like saying that)

They don't GIVE me any. The law says that I may have a 60 day supply in my possession, but how I get it is up to me. I think a 60 day supply is around 138 pounds, don't you?

Am I taking more than prescribed??? Possibly!

excon

I called a pharmacy and asked about this. I will admit that I know it can be used medically, but isn't.
    This pharmacist told me that in the U.S.A. it is rarely prescribed and then just for end stage cancer. The doctor obtains the medication ( pot) and gives it to the patient. It also comes in a pill form.
    I am not trying to pick an augment but I am trying to understand.
    Are you saying that the doctor prescribes "pot" to you but the amount that you need is up to you and how often you need it? How does the law allow you to have a certain amount that you decide is right for you? All other prescriptions have the strength and dosage on the label.
    I am guessing you are buying from the street or growing it?
    None of this makes sense to me. Please clarify this for me if you have time. I am clearly confused.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 10:12 AM
    Hello again, isabelle:

There's an abundance of information about the "Washington State Medical Marijuana Law" online. There's too much to re-print here. Just Google the words enclosed in the quotation marks.

You'll find out. When it comes to the law, I don't kid around.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 10:36 AM
    The Medical Marijuana Act addresses cultivation only for one's own personal consumption. There is no concrete standard for numbers of plants, but there is a sixty-day supply limit written into the new law. If arrested, a patient may need to show that they do not possess more than is necessary for their personal sixty-day supply.
    Back in the day a sixty day supply would have been a couple of pound (I had some sick friends) so I'm just curious as to what your dosage is??
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Hello again, Tal:

As usual, you're right on with your law. As noted, the law doesn't set out a particular amount, and my doctor doesn't set any either.

If arrested, I certainly can show that I don't possess more than I can consume in 60 days - even if I have to hurry on day 59...

excon

May 10, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Thanks excon
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

May 10, 2007, 12:43 PM
    I want to answer your question but first off, pot can cause health issues. Just like smoking cigerettes or drinking alcohol. To the extent can be argued for years. There acutually was a recent study proving that the THC can actually help with lung cancer. Not to say you should start smoking to prevent this. But... my point that I'm trying to make is weed is not any worse than drinking alcohol. Just like alcohol, it can be consumed by mature responsible people. Millions of people smoke socially and lead productive and successful lives. Others, just as with alcohol can not handle it and their lives are destoyed. Now, if your boyfriend refuses to give up weed and you do not approve than really what choice do you have? You first have to respect and love yourself. Think hard about this. What will make you happy and allow you to live the kind of life that you feel you deserve to live. If weed is not part of that than do not waste anymore of your time. I truly hope that this helps. Good Luck
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curioususer
    my boyfriend smokes weed, i don't know what to do? should i get shut of him? is there anyway it can damage my health through kissing, sex, etc. it worries me the more i think about it?!
    There are diseases that you can catch from a person who shares weed as in blunts.. therefore if he smokes with someone he can catch a disease from them and transfer it to you
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAdvice
    THEREFORE IF HE SMOKES WITH SOMEONE HE CAN CATCH A DISEASE FROM THEM AND TRANSFER IT TO YOU
    Hello again, Miss:

This was ridiculous when you first said it, and it's even more ridiculous now.

You can catch a disease if you drink a soda after someone too. I guess we should outlaw soda.

excon
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 27, 2007, 09:29 PM
    I don't know all the facts, but weed isn't really that bad for you, it's like alcohol except it hurts your lungs. I doubt you'll get anything from kissing, but I'd dump this loser while you can, stoners are not people you want to date, believe me I know. The way I see it, stoners are people who can't deal with reality so they screw themselves up
    38yearsold Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2007, 09:27 PM
    This is really the deal, even boozers tend to avoid TOTAL reality, yet stoners seem to feel that getting high on pot and whatever else, at any time of day, is OK 'cause they're not stumbling and stinkin' of alcohol,sensing that they won't get noticed [caught], that it's something that can be gotten away with. Aware and serious people who understand and care of others safety can recognize this half arsed behavior and hate to let this kind of behavior slide.We all like to have our own vices, yet we are not an island, everything we do affects everyone else. Lets look ahead and think of others as well of our own limited joy!:)
    hennigar72 Posts: 12, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brazygirl08
    WOW lol by much more important. I mean much more important to worry about. Hard drugs like these are what rips families apart and kills people. I mean have any of you ever had a family member or someone you know do crack or coke? Or have you seen someone on it? If not then you need to before you judge how bad things are.
    Addiction is addiction. Some people are addicted to shopping or sex or gambling, and their addiction rips their lives apart. I do agree that crack and meth have highly addictive qualities and those addictions seem so much harsher, but trust me, if somebody is addicted to pot they are living in a hell as well. But to touch on the initial question being asked-- I don't think you need to worry about your health being at risk (aside from the second hand smoke). I think you need to figure out where you stand morally on the subject of pot smoking. If it's something you don't want in your life, then you probably have a difficult decision to make. I also like to add this-- people sometimes put limits on what they will do and won't do. If you at first say you will never smoke pot and you cross that line and start smoking pot. What's the next line you will cross? Coke? Meth? IV dug use? I've learned that drug use is just a symptom of addiction and experimenting can be so very dangerous because you may be an addict that hasn't even used drugs yet. Hope you figure out what's important to you and know that you deserve to have what is important to you. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Eater [ 6 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater Featherlite Plus trimmer. I have had it for about three years. It has worked wonderfully well, until the last time I used it, and even then it ran. My problem is that the last time I cranked it, the rope did not retrieve, or get pulled back in to where it is supposed to be. ...

Weed wacker [ 2 Answers ]

What is the mix ratio of fuel and oil for a weed wacker

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

Weed problems [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a manufactured house in a park and we have areas of stone beds that we try to keep weeded,is there any inexpensive liquid or granuals to help eliminate them? I have a layer of some kind of plastic under the stones.

View more questions Search