Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    38yearsold Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Apr 25, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Bingo!
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

Apr 26, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Personally I think your reading too far into the problem. Ppl don't think about things behind the scene, if everyone did, then we'd be a paranoid world. We'd never get anything done in life.
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

Apr 26, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    This is a blunt answer. But, it might be appreciated by some people.

People get murdered in the manufacturing and selling of illegal drugs. Why would anyone want to be involved in something that kills people in any fashion?

Well what I have to say about that is... Weed doesn't kill anyone. People that manufacture it CHOOSE to! People that sell it CHOOSE too! No one makes them. Weed doesn't kill ANYONE... you would have to smoke the amount of your weight to die (140lbs... 140lbs of weed! ) You would pass out before that! The drug that is killing our nation iS CRACK... coke too but CRACK

If you want to worry about drugs and dealers then worry about the PEOPLE that DO it and SELL the ones that KILL people and the nation. You smoke coke and crack it WILL ruin your life and family! I know this first hand... from a close family member. Almost tore their whole family apart (kids and spouse)

PLEASE don't worry about weed UNLESS he doesn't go to work/school and/or his life and money revolves around it... otherwise just live it up with him or don't... that is your choice but as long as it is not hurting him let him make his! :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2007, 03:18 AM
    Its your life and if you don't want weed in it that's your right.

Apr 30, 2007, 09:24 PM
    I just think your over thinking it 38. If everyone worried about the how and what all the time we would be no where. That is a fact. I think you're a bit paranoid.
    Expert

May 1, 2007, 03:48 AM
    Nobody cares where those high priced gym shoes come from by Nike, Why should you care where the weed comes from.

May 1, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Honestly, think about it though... a lot of things can happen in the process of bringing the masses drugs, alcohol, food and or etc.. . But some of the things happen, it's a ripple effect bound to happen. Just because someone buys something that someone either get's hurt or dies to bring to them, doesn't lable the buyer a bad person or a accompis. How do you know that someone didn't die or get killed to bring you your wife's ring that cost a lot of money? Does that mean we should all NOT buy jewels? Watch the movie Blood Diamond. It's a bit different, but for the porpose of my argument I'm using it. If you know for a fact a crime happened in order to bring you anything you bought, doesn't matter weither drugs, food, jewels whatever, maybe someone you knew directly then OF COURSE that hits very close to home and may tug at your heart to no longer buy that item. But what if it's a crime you no nothing of? Does that make you bad for buying jewels, a car, food or whatever? NO. Sometime's things happen, we can't worry about every little thing that happens. ''Oh my I wonder did that guy die to bring me this?'' ''What if he got shot?'' It's called your paranoid. Like I said if we worried about the why's and how's and who's all the darn time, we would be sitting at home affriad to come out. Now I know our topic is drugs, but I'm trying to make a point. Sure, I don't like drugs. BUT I think that it shouldn't be illiagal. It's a natural plant on this earth and it should be up to the person to choose to do it or not to. Just like alcohol and cigs. Why do we have so many problems? Because of the regulation and laws against such things. Makes people want it, because they can't have it. Look at Ireland, Germany, and any other country that allows drinking to lower ages as well as other things. They don't have half the problems in that area then we do. If ''Joe'' lives in Germany he can drink at age 16ish. But perhaps because of thefact that he can and tried it but didn't like it he doesn't care and doesn't drink. But if ''Tim in US is 16 and wants to drink just to try it, but he can't because the law is 21, its more likely that he will either steal, or have a older person buy for him. It's also more likely that he will continue down this road. Hat's off to the one who walks away from it saying its not that great. Have you ever thought about the guy in Africa, who has a family, but they took him away from them just to find some stupid diamonds? They forced his son to kill inocent people. All to bring us jewels...
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

May 3, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Its interesting that anytime weed is in a conversation, there is always a debate. Working with drug addicts, I have seen some people with marijuana problems and unable to quit, and lose their family over it, lose their job over it, go to jail cuase they can't quit, etc, among many other problems... but some people are okay with casual use and has never caused a problem. I don't think it is okay to tell someone that there is nothing wrong with it... we need to listen to the question, and if someone is not okay with their partner using, that is fair! ANd if pot is no big deal, he should be able to quit! Haha
    I just think it is interesting how much of a debate this country has on marijuana use.
    brazygirl08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 9

May 4, 2007, 12:19 AM
    WOW lol by much more important. I mean much more important to worry about. Hard drugs like these are what rips families apart and kills people. I mean have any of you ever had a family member or someone you know do crack or coke? Or have you seen someone on it? If not then you need to before you judge how bad things are.

May 4, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Oh, I agree that some harder drugs cause a llot of problems. I have seem some crazy things. BUt the talk is about marijuana... and ANY problem is too much. If it is on a scale from 1-10, some people only change if the problem is at a 10! But that is crisis mode! Problems can be changed safely and easily at a 2 or 3 if it is admitted.
    So I agree that there are other issues out there, but I am only focusing on marijuana, as that is what this thread is about.
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 06:19 AM
    To a person who is at high risk he will be addicted anyway, where others are just social with their use. I think it's the person, not the drugs and it doesn't matter what the drug is. Drugs and how they are used, is for the addict only a symptom of a deeper problem, that needs to be fixed. Marijuana to some is addictive and life changing. To them a drug is a drug, and they are not social with it.

May 4, 2007, 08:47 AM
    In the end, people do it because the law says not to. Other country's don't have such strict laws, therefore it is not a problem. Personally, I feel if someone wants to do drugs or etc that is there personal choice. If they don't have the will power to stop, then that is there own problem and they clearly don't deserve the family they have anymore since they can't quit to better themselves and respect their family. Now for those who can't quit solo but know they need to, and ask for help that's different. Cheer's to them. This country worries about too many things that aren't the BIGGEST problem today. What we should be worring with is the prez and our government. Stop them from sending inocent men and women to fight a pointless war. Killing whole cities with inocents. We should be concerned with the homeless and abused. Wake up people, there are more problems, more inportant ones. Just because someone you know does drugs and you don't want them to, its called get over that and focus on doing something for the world you live in. Otherwise your exsistance is pointless. -I'm not going to be a product of society, I'm going to make it a product of me.
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Other country's don't have such strict laws, therefore it is not a problem.
    Other countries have as many addicts as we do, they are more successful hiding it than we are, and the jails are not full from users. I agree with the rest of your post though.

May 4, 2007, 12:46 PM
    I wasn't trying to imply that other countries have less druggies. Or problems. What I'm trying to get across is that some other countries have less strict laws. It therefore is an accurate asumption that in those countries they would have a bit less problems with the abuse of it. However in America we have stricter laws, making people more likely to ''try'' it out. And or to cause problems. I'm sure the stuides will show the same phanomina. It makes sense on so many lvl's. If I'm told to not do something, I start wondering why, then perhaps trying it to the point of hinding what I'm doing. However, look at the man who can and man who can't. The one care's so much about getting what he wants and not getting caught. The other, doesn't even care, and maybe even loses interest in what he's doing.

May 4, 2007, 01:04 PM
    I don't know if I believe that theory fully. I don't think most people do drugs just because it is illegal. I see your point, but I don't know if I buy that as majority of the people. If that were the case, then other people do things illegally just because it is illegal... because if that were the case, what else do people do just for the sake of it being illegal?
    Expert

May 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Everyone who does drugs do it to feel good, and socialize, and have fun. Back in the day as now, we didn't care if it was illegal, so what, just don't get caught. We can look at alcohol, illegal but they did it anyway. Got so bad that they legalized it. I see MJ going the same way. Eventually.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

May 5, 2007, 09:06 AM
    When Pot is legal I will defend anyone's right to use it.
    I may disapprove ( as I disapprove of alcohol) but it will be legal.
    However when anything becomes a problem ( legal or illegal) then I must encourage this person to get help for the problem.
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
    By 38yearsold
    somebody cares where it came from and what the ripple effect does to them, us and people we don't even take the consideration to fully empathize the after effects that goes around and ultimately comes around in a non life affirming result.
    Unfortunately sir, there is so much money behind the drug industry, and has been for centuries that the ripple effect is vastly outwieghed by the profits, as with most things in our society. Not saying its right, but that's the way it is. If you have ideas to change it, then be ready to make some rich powerful people very mad. Gosh I can remember being that idealistic, till reality hits you in the face.
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 8, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Yes it can hurt you, depending on who he smokes with. You actually can catch viral infections from smoking behind another person, and if he catches that from someone he can pass it on by you.

>>>MENINGITIS

What is Bacterial Meningitis and how is it spread?

Inflammation of the lining of the brain and spine caused by a bacterial infection. It is spread by direct contact with saliva and droplets from nose and mouth such as kissing, drinking from a glass the infected person has used, coughing, sneezing, and sharing cigarettes.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissAdvice
    Yes it can hurt you, depending on who he smokes with. You actually can catch viral infections from smoking behind another person, and if he catches that from someone he can pass it on by you.
    Hello:

That's about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I guess kissing is dangerous too.

excon

PS> Here's my 2 cents. I have a prescription for medical marijuana. I smoke it all the time. I smoke the BEST pot in the world. I know where it comes from. I know who grows it.

However, if it makes you feel better, because its medicine, I promise not to enjoy it (wink).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weed Eater [ 6 Answers ]

I have a WeedEater Featherlite Plus trimmer. I have had it for about three years. It has worked wonderfully well, until the last time I used it, and even then it ran. My problem is that the last time I cranked it, the rope did not retrieve, or get pulled back in to where it is supposed to be. ...

Weed wacker [ 2 Answers ]

What is the mix ratio of fuel and oil for a weed wacker

Errection issues or Attraction issues [ 3 Answers ]

Folks! - I have a problem. I'm 26, my girlfriend is 20 - We both hold eastern values (for the most part) and I've been with her for about 1 year now - we've been having regular sex everyday pretty much for about 8/9 months now - and by regular sex I mean sex every day, sometimes couple of times...

Weed problems [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a manufactured house in a park and we have areas of stone beds that we try to keep weeded,is there any inexpensive liquid or granuals to help eliminate them? I have a layer of some kind of plastic under the stones.

View more questions Search