Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JSIOPIS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 09:07 AM
    Length of a cylinder roll
    We must find the lengt of a cylinder role of fabric, which have 1000 windigs, diameter 10cm
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
    The perimeter of the roll is pi times its diameter, or 31.4 cm. If you go around the perimeter 1000 times that equals a length of 1000 x 31.4 cm = 314 meters.

This calculation ignores the fact that the fabric has thickness, so as more fabric is would around the roll it takes more material for each winding due to the build up of material on the roll. If the thickness of the material is t, then each winding increases the overall diameter of the roll plus previous windings by 2t. The total length for 1000 windings is then:

where the thickness t is given in meters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is more than 1/2 the length,length=? Widt [ 1 Answers ]

The perimeter of the pool is 97m, the width is 2m more than 1/2 the length, what is the length and width of the pool?

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry? [ 1 Answers ]

Which cylinder is the number 1 cylinder in a 4 cylinder 1997 toyota camry?

Length of pipe work to cylinder a waste of energy? [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering either an oil or gas bolier to a Heatrea Sadia cylinder in a direct, unvented plumbing system. If I use oil the burner will be in the garage which will be approx 30m away from the cylinder in the house. If I use gas the boiler can be in the same area as the cylinder within the...

Converting Slope arc Length to Flat Arc Length [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Given parameters are:- Slope arc length Angle on Slope

View more questions Search