Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamie_Claxton Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 08:24 AM
    How do I get this girls trust?
    Me and my partner have been in a relationship for 16 months. She has 3 kids from a previous partner. She ended the relationship because he cheated on her.

She gets jealous when I get text messages from my friends and she starts thinking I am doing the same as he did. I want to go out and have time to myself and be with my friends. But she says to me "If you go out for a drink with them, I will break up with you.". It's like she don't trust me because of what her ex did to her, and that ain't fair on me.

What can I do to gain her trust, so I can go out, and be with my friends?
    batgurl066 Posts: 41, Reputation: -8

Jan 17, 2012, 11:26 AM
    Show her how much you love her and care about her don't bring up sex or nothing because sh ewill think that that is all you want . Don't even bring it up and you should be getting that .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2012, 05:30 PM
    She still has a lot of hurt feelings and baggage from the past. That makes her a very unhealthy partner at this time.

Tell her you won't tolerate paying for the sins of the ex, or you have no choice but to leave, until she gets over herself. Do what you want because being dumped is better than dating a person who just is not ready for a healthy relationship.

Love has nothing to do with it, because she needs a proper healing to get her head on straight. You're right, its not fair to you, or her either truth be told. And if you allow bad behavior, that's what you get.
    berta146 Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Feb 4, 2012, 01:56 PM
    To be honest there is not a lot she has trust issues which is something she will have to sort out talk to her explain she can't do that to you you haven't cheeted on her and never will if she threatens with abreak up again call her bluff and go she can't keep you prisoner in your life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend doesn't trust me but I trust him when I possibly shouldn't? [ 10 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and me and my boyfriend, who is 21, have been dating for about 4 months now. This is only my second real relationship and he is the only guy I have ever felt like I truly loved. We tell each other we love each other all the time, and he has even brought up marriage but I'm not...

In an A,B, C trust/ no will, community stock not listed in trust, who gets [ 5 Answers ]

My stepdad passed away in may of 2009, him and my mom were married for 20 years. He had an old a,b,c, trust that dates back to 1986 and it has no will. The C trust lists some old assets but most are gone. He never redid it just updated it in 1993 he son appears to have been named in it the...

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Revocable Trust (Grantor) Trust w/3rd party trustee [ 2 Answers ]

It was my understanding that if a grantor set up a revocable trust and a third party (let's say a bank) was named as trustee, the trustee was required to file a Form 1041. I am unable to locate any IRC or other guidance that would confirm or deny this. Please help. Thank you. Diana

View more questions Search