Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desperatekid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Caught shoplifting in singapore
    Hi all, I am 20 years old was recently caught shoplifting in singapore.

I entered the store intending to pay for a $20 product. The queue was really long and so I went to lvl 2 to check for a shorter queue and then lvl 3 but the queue were really long. As I was going back to lvl 1, I don't know how and when the idea of shoplifting came to my mind and I just walked out of the store with the product out of the packaging and in my hand. I left the box on a random shelf.

I actually had quite a lot of cash with me then and my family is actually well to do. I cannot explain why I actually shoplifted.

I was detained in the cell overnight and released the next day morning on bail. I have to report back 2 weeks later. I'm actually very fearful of what might happen to me. The IO told me he was really sure I was going to get a stern warning from the police since my record is really clean.

I already have a local university place. Will a potential criminal record affect it? In the event I do not get a warning and will be charged in court, can I "appeal" or try to mitigate?

I really regret what I have done. And I still cannot understand and comprehend my actions.
    Can anyone share with me what you think will be my outcome?

Thanks a million.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by desperatekid View Post
    Can anyone share with me what you think will be my outcome?
    Hello kid:

I'd HIRE the best lawyer you can... Not only is your education at stake, your physical well being is too... That country CAINS shoplifters.

excon
    Truepath Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 07:00 AM
    For first time offence , anything under 50$ is warning. However be careful to never do it again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting in singapore ( being caught ) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a work permit holder, few days ago I'm being caught shoplifting a jacket cost $99. I admitted that I shoplifted it, and I'm being sent to police station. My landlord asked me shift out of the house due to this incident. This is my first time shoplifting.. will I be charge ? What are the...

Caught shoplifting in Singapore. Need advise . [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, few days ago I was caught shoplifting a $40 item in a shop. The police was called in and I was brought back to the station for investigations. I am a local (non-minor), no criminal records whatsoever, first time offender. I am currently a full-time student at a local school too. Many...

Shoplifting in singapore [ 10 Answers ]

Where do they jail shoplifters in Singapore? First-time offender for shoplifting in Singapore, what is the penalty?

Caught shoplifting in singapore [ 25 Answers ]

I was arrested for shoplifting in singapore.. am on employment pass.. they have put me under offence 380 ch 244 and one more offence(misc.).. I was stelaing clothes worth $80 in one shop and in my bag unfortunately had 3 more clothes.. 2 with price tags of 225 $ each and one without tag.. but...

Shoplifting in Singapore [ 2 Answers ]

I am employed in Singapore and got a call from my wife (who is a dependent pass holder) this afternoon that she has been detained by police for shoplifting offence that was not intentional. I don't know her whereabouts and how and wheree to go about it. Can someone help me with guidance on whom to...

View more questions Search