Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hbk2scm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Green screen, want blue
    I went to bed my screen was blue, woke up it was green... I went to the display properties and I can't find the blue color... it has every color from green to yellow to red but I can't get any blue... the green haze is really starting to freak me out... all programs run in their right color its just the desktop color I can't get back.. I have tried restoring to another time and I have run virus scans as well as for spyware... nothing is working... can anyone help?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 14, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Did you try rebooting?

Feb 14, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Do you mean a complete reboot... if I do that I lose everything on the computer... I have shut the system down and turned back on... that does not help... I would have thought restoring would have helped but it didn't... really weird..

Feb 14, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Reboot means to power off and back on. So it sounds like you did that. And you are saying this green tint occurs only on the desktop? Have you tried changing the Theme to Windows default? What version of Windows?

Feb 14, 2007, 08:37 AM
    I have windows xp and yes it already is in the default

Feb 14, 2007, 09:27 AM
    I can't imagine why only the desktop is affected. Try changing to a different theme, reboot and change it back.
    l99057j Posts: 57, Reputation: 18

Feb 14, 2007, 09:43 AM
    First, let's try the obvious...

Right click on your desktop, choose "Properties", Click on the tab that says "Desktop". Near the lower right corner of the dialog, you'll see "Color" with a drop down. If this isn't already set to blue, change it. If that wasn't it, look at the wallpaper selected in the "Background" box. It doesn't matter what color you set the desktop to, if it is covered in wallpaper of another color that's what you're going to see.

If none of this works, there is one other thing I've seen but only once and even then it was due to a virus. On the same tab you were on above, click the "Customize Desktop" button. On the next screen, if you see a tab that says "Web" go to that tab and disable any web content that is on your desktop.

That's all I've got... hopefully it will help.

Feb 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Blue isn't even an option... there is NO blue color to choose.. thats my whole problem... its like someone came and took the blue out... I have tried all of the suggestions but nothing is working... thanx anyway
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 14, 2007, 02:46 PM
    As none of the options are working your best course of action will be a repair install.

Here's some How-To's;

Here's the official Micro$oft way of doing it,
    And Here's one with screen shots.

Basically this installs windows over the top of your current setup, replacing any corrupt system files.
    So you don't loose any information you already have.

Feb 20, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Thanks For Everyone Who Tried To Help... I Came Home Today And The Screen Was Fixed And My Husband Won't Say How He Did It!. just Sits With A Smug Look On His Face.. Thanks Again Everyone.. you Guys Are Great

Feb 20, 2007, 10:13 AM
    He won't tell how he did it because he doesn't know! He just fiddled around and something clicked. But he doesn't know what. I know, I pull the same trick on my wife. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue-green algae [ 1 Answers ]

Hello What kingdom is blue-green algae included in? And can you tell me 4 different places where blue-algae grows? And why are most of them found in higher intertidal zones or in shallow waters?

Blue screen [ 5 Answers ]

I get a blue screen when trying to reload windows. The following messages apears: Ntfs.sys - address f8172781 base at f8123000, datestamp 41107eea I cannot re-load windows or get past the blue screen.

Blue screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned off my dell inspiron b130 it was fine when I turned back on it states bad checksum. I can not access start up but I have tried to reboot and all other possibilities without any success . Do you have any suggestions this is a new laptop only about 8 months old I have had a compaq for...

Blue-green water staining [ 4 Answers ]

There is a marked Blue-green stain that develops in the shower stall, less so in the kitchen and bathroom sinks. I'm assuming it is a reaction triggered by the hot water. I'm also asking not just because it requires more cleaning, but my hairdresser says that it also creates a layer on my hair!...

View more questions Search