Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daniwood17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
    No motivation. I must reach my goals. Help.
    I'll just go right into it. I'm a 17 year old female and latley I've been feeling like nothing is going for me in life. I don't have a job, I don't have boyfriend, I don't get good grades and I really want to lose some weight. All those things are goals I've been trying to accomplish for a while but I have no motivation to do them. I tell myself that tomorrow I will finally achieve those goals but I never do. All I want to do is lay in my bed and watch movies. I don't even want to see my friends anymore. I have no desire to do anything at all. That's really scary because I'm going to be 18 soon and I really need to know what I'm going to do in life. Its hard when you have no motivation because you don't even care. And I don't care about the future but I need to. It feels like everyone around me is much happier than I am. Its hard to face it sometimes and I become extremely jealous of my friends. Is this a disorder? Or do I need professional help?
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Jan 16, 2012, 07:49 PM
    It's not a disorder and you don't need professional help. What I think you need is some perspective. Instead of trying to do all of those things together, just do them one at a time. Pick the easiest task first and work on it everyday. Before long your goal will be met and you can move on to the next task and so on. It's like solving a jigsaw puzzle - each piece is a building block upon the others.

Don't be lazy. I don't mean that in a negative sense, but you can't sit around and just wish for things to be different. Not going to happen. You've got to turn the TV off, get up, and go do it. If you're not willing to do that, then you can't complain about the way things are. You have the power to change yourself and your circumstances. You can accomplish anything you want. But you have to do the work. You have to put forth the effort. So get up and get busy. You have work to do...
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2012, 08:59 PM
    This makes me think of something I heard when I was younger... not sure who originally said it.

This uses the word "God" but if you are not religious, don't let it deter you from the message...

I asked for strength… and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
    I asked for wisdom… and God gave me problems to solve.
    I asked for prosperity… and God gave me a brain and energy to work.
    I asked for courage… and God gave me danger to overcome.
    I asked for love… and God gave me troubled people to help.
    I asked for favors… and God gave me opportunities.
    I received nothing I wanted, but I received everything I needed.
    ttaayylloorr18 Posts: 44, Reputation: -3

Jan 27, 2012, 05:32 PM
    I am 18 and I have felt this way a few times. You need to look at the bright side of things and take control of your own life. You can achieve great things. Maybe talk to your mom or dad about the situation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What goals do you have in your career [ 1 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Most goals [ 4 Answers ]

Which english player has scored the most goals in english league football?

Goals not working out. [ 5 Answers ]

I hope this is not a stupid post... with the obvious answer of work hard toward your goals, and success will come to you... I feel that I do work very hard, but have changed my goals numerous times because of setbacks which make it seem that continuing with the same goal would only amount to...

Bothering but has no goals [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a releationship with a woman for a year and she is bothering me about marriage already. I like a lot of things about her but she has no goal aside from being a model at 26. She also has two kids while I have none. Don't get me wrong, the kid thig does bother me but what really...

Goals [ 3 Answers ]

What are some goals that you would want to achieve in baskteball?

View more questions Search